summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 28, 2009

elementary chorus concert night

Suzanne and Sonja were in the chorus concert tonight. The older kids (Abigail, Mirielle, Joseph, Aaron, Mali, Sam, and Margaret) went to the youth meeting, so Paul and I took the younger ones. The pictures I took came out really dark. It was a cute concert though, and it seemed like old times just bringing the younger ones. When we got home, they changed back into around the house clothes and pajamas, and we had some ice cream at the table. We have a good bit of fun when we gather around the table, and the kids like my attention. They obviously don't get as much of it when the older ones are here, though they don't really suffer, since the older ones talk to them and listen about their day, too. Anyway, here is a Camille with her baby.
Sweet.....

So sweet! Margaret took these pictures, and when I saw them I thought of the baby I lost.....Camille would have loved a new baby brother or sister.

Charlotte Claire, all patriotic and ready for the beach. The thing is, it was a cloudy rainy day....
I counted how many pee pee puddles I cleaned up today, but I lost count at eight. No wonder we were running out of paper towels. Sonja is a riot, though. She seems to actually like cleaning up the puddles. I don't know why, does she just like to help? I think she is pretty proud of herself that she isn't timid when the dog tries to 'herd" her, like the the other little ones are. She brings Rosie outside, makes her sit, and gives her treats. Sonja is a spunky girl. Rosie, on the other hand....I read that one of the hallmarks of her breed (old English Sheepdog) is drinking like an elephant. Well, of course that has it's consequences. I hope she hurries up and grows out of this piddling. She can go outside, pee, then come in the house and pee again. She just runs around and goes every 5 or ten minutes. She manages to keep the crate dry somehow at night. So there is hope. And, she has never pooped in the house, so that's good.
Blah blah blah, is anyone sick of hearing about the puppy problems yet? Just wanted to write some honest info in case anyone sees the cute little puppy pictures and thinks, HEY, we should get one....




3 comments:

Amber said...

Dogs are funny about house breaking. They seem to do so good for a while and then digress. Sort of like potty training a child..haha! That baby of yours melted my heart looking at the pictures of her playing with her baby doll. So precious!

holly said...

I am sorry, but that picture of Charlotte Claire was just toooo cute! Simply adorable. Too bad it was cloudy.

M said...

I think it's fabulous to get that more personal time with your kiddos whether you have 2 or 20! It's so much more precious when you have the time to stop and experience them in more thick doses.

The pics rock and a half. <3