summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 30, 2009

snowy day here up north....

Not real snow, but it looked like it a few times. Cottonwood trees, spreading their sneeze inducing fluff far and wide. I am thinking we should think about cutting down a few of those trees.

It took Paul all day to install the water softener. That left you-guessed-it to do everything else. Sam went do some work at our church, Mali and Aaron went on a bike ride that led them to their cousins' house, where Abigail and Margaret ended up too. Benjamin went to work. I took some of the kids in the hot tub, which was wonderful but made me sleepy. I actually took a rest on the couch this afternoon, which was a big mistake, because Sonja had some mighty important things to tell me each time I dozed off. Ouch. I decided to just get up and get moving, instead.

Mirielle went on a long run, took a shower, and cooked the burgers on the grill for us. We had some beans, tossed spinach salad with olives and tomatoes, watermelon, and onion rings. There were only 10 of us for dinner. I can't say it was quiet, Camille eats quickly and starts yelling, likes to get down, starts throwing food. A popscicle will hold her off for a while to give the rest of us time to eat before we get her down.

We had our evening snack again, the brownies Suzanne and Mirielle made, with ice cream. And cheese doodles for Camille. The puppy peed on the floor a few times. She seems to be getting a bit better. Sometimes she is just plain frustrating though: Paul took her outside this evening, and she just took off! She didn't come to him for the longest time! Why does she do that and what can we do about it? She listens to me when I call her most of the time....other times she just plain ignores me, keeps running, or sniffing what ever is interesting her.....I try gaining her trust by rewarding her with a treat when she comes to me....ugh, so frustrating. She hates the leash, is getting a bit better with it, but after she pulls one of those don't-come-when-we-call-her tricks, I use the leash for the next few times outside.

4 comments:

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Puppies are so hard to train and it can be quite frustrating.
Just keep at it..SHE will get it..but, the main thing is CONSISTENCY. I am not an expert...I just trained a puppy and he grew into such a fine dog..such a shame I had to give him away. At least he went to such a fine home where he is treated like a king.

Tereza said...

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help can be found at brunstad.org huh?:)) Yup...I've found help amongst the friends!!:) SOOOOOOOOOOO glad to have found you!!
My name is tereza and I have 9 children. We watched the pentecost transmission this morning at the meeting(well not me..I was home with some sick ones)~ you guys were probably watching it too!! YAY I've found a sister!!!
email me and I'll invite you to my blog..it's set to private
feketenyul@yahoo.ca

Renata said...

Ah puppies - just fun aren't they (note the sarcasm there). I love the way you say "just 10 for dinner" - that sounds like a lot too me (although I would love it....)

Cassandra said...

I love how you wrote that sonja had important things to tell you each time you dozed off LOL Brady does that to me....

No advice about Rosie, but i can just imagine her doing that,I know it must be annoying but i bet she would be so funny to watch off having the time of her life pretending she cant hear you when you call her.... mischevious puppy!

Cassandra
xx