summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

warm weather....

Camille wanted to play dollies too....so she started grabbing...
Charlotte Claire goes into her own little world with her babies...Camille doesn't quite fit in to that world yet...
We took puppy to the vet this afternoon, and now she has a name. The name she had all along - which I dismissed without even thinking, after all, we wanted to name our own puppy...when I gave her papers to the vet today, I saw again her original name, Rosie. It seems to suit her. Mali was with me, and we agreed it is a good name, easier to call a pup than Wellington. Of course some people at home didn't like it, but like my mother used to say, "You can please some of the people some of the time..."
I asked Mali if she thought the people at the vet tell each person that they have such a beautiful pet, or if our puppy is really like the cutest puppy in the world. (I always wondered that about my babies, too...) The vet has a sheepdog, and insists that ours is purebred. She also gave us an idea of what to expect: a big dog, not the smartest dog on the block, but not crazy either. Calm, but playful....she weighs 12 pounds something, and she looks healthy. I am not thrilled about the vet bills, but what can you do? She has to go back in a month, and then again in a month, then spayed by six months. $$$! She had better not get hit by a car...that is what happened after we got one of our cats spayed...ouch.
Well, I need to sign off....
American Idol is over for the year. I let my school kids stay up and watch it...they got all ready for bed during the commercials, and got tucked in after the final results...they will be tired tomorrow, but it was kind of fun to watch with them and speculate. I couldn't care who won, really, but it was a fun thing to do together.
I think Rosie needs to go out again before she goes into her cage (I mean crate) for the night....wah. I do not feel like it....oh well...

5 comments:

Pam's Pride said...

I just wanted to let you know that your blog (and Cassandra-ann's)are my absolute favorite to read! I love to hear all of the things that go on in your family! You are such a blessing and inspiration to me! I love all of the photos you post! So, even if I don't comment very much I am reading ever post and you are the first blog I always go to!
Blessings!
Pam

Cassandra said...

Yes i am with Pam, when i got home from hospital yours is the first blog i checked! I love the name Rosie, i think it suits her sweet face...

Amber said...

Rosie definately suits her! Hang in there with the house breaking. I have house broken 2 Boston Terriers and they are known for being very stubborn and hard to train but if they can do it, any dog can!

T.L. said...

Agree with Pam and Cassandra!!
I have very little time these days for websurfing and blogs, but when I randomly take 5 minutes online I check your blog first..

And I also like other people's comments... :)

TL

baristamom said...

I agree with all of the above. . .my mother-in-law has a Rosie too and it's a perfect name. I love reading your blog so much, I have it bookmarked and in my favorites. I even started blogging also. You are truly an inspiration and I love getting a fresh perspective on being a mom and making things good for my kids.
Good Luck with puppy training . . .it will be over too soon. It's a good thing they're so cute, eh?