summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

baby mice and broken hearts...

Are they even mice? I hope they aren't rats....oh, wait 'til daddy sees these!



Suzanne and Kathryn...





Kathryn and Charlotte Claire....




Where did the baby mice come from? Why were they lying on the back patio? One was dead, Sam scooped it into the shovel and sent it flying into the woods. The girls put the other two into the woods on a little plastic thing....they decided to check on them several hours later....they are still alive, breathing but little else. They have been trying to feed them milk. They are holding and petting them. They have very little fur, and are smaller than my thumb. They will probably die. I don't want mice in the house. The cats don't want mice in the house. But how can I tell them not to nurture? Even though they're just mice (yuck!)....










Kathryn does not like the baby mice, she says they must wash their hands to get the stupid mice germs off. Margaret says they better not have babies and go into her room.....they are apparently nibbling cheese.....

4 comments:

Martha said...

They better stay out of my kitchen cabinets and not leave "evidence" scattered amongst my drinking glasses...

FLmom7 said...

Oh, they look cute, even if they are, well...mice! This reminds me of when I was a teenager and found similar babies- they didn't have any fur yet and it was hard to tell if they were mice, rats or rabbits. I nursed the baby "whatever" for a few days with milk in a medicine dropper, and then my dad took it to the woods (where it probably dies, but he didn't want to tell me that part). I guess it is a part of our nurturing female side that we will care for babies, even the kind that aren't human. :)

AUTISMOMMA said...

Those don't look like mice or rats to me. They look like little baby voles. Cute....but not something one wants inhabiting their house.

AUTISMOMMA said...

Oops...disregard previous comment. Not a vole - a shrew. We had one of these in our basement one time stuck to a sticky mousetrap. It was just sitting there munching away on a piece of dog food we had used as bait.