summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

out and about day again...

But hopefully not for too long....we are supposed to take our big van into the dealership for a recall (nothing big, just a possible "engine compartment fire", which is nice to know after driving the thing for five years.....)...but Mirielle's car, which is really Emily's car, is still at the fixit-shop....anyway, Mirielle and I are probably going out and about to do a bit of banking and other stuff because she is leaving soon. Last night she decided on a winter coat to bring. She is going to be gone a long time. Apparently the winter temps in England average much warmer than here, but then she is on to Norway, brr. It must to be difficult to pack enough stuff for over a year....

I am so sad she is leaving I can't stand it. It's not my fault she is so much fun and has become pretty much my best friend. It's not my fault she is my fellow coupon-shopper, fellow bargain shopper. It's not my fault that we think the same things are hilarious....oh, it is hard to say goodbye to her. I am not at all against her following her dreams and traveling and meeting new people, I think it is great that she is actually doing it. She always thought it was a shame that people just stay where they live all their lives when there is a great big world out there. But I will miss her! Why, oh why is she leaving for sooo long? Joseph will be home next month, and Emily in December....but we will just have to photo-shop Mirielle into the new family picture....I am wondering when we will all be together again....oh, sadness.....

I came out here at 2:30 in the morning to take ibuprofen for my back, and lots of older kids were still up. Aaron was eating microwaved frozen strawberries, Mali was bringing the dog in....they had just finished a movie....they will be in bed 'til noon....they need to start an earlier schedule....they are having that panic that school will start soon and they want to have as much fun as possible. They are obviously my kids.....

A cooler weather pattern has decended upon us here in the Northeast. Our high temperatures will only be in the low seventies. That is pleasant enough, but the pool water gets cold. As much as I sort of hate the really hot humid days, they were nice this year...the pool was like bath water....hopefully though, with these pleasant days we can do a few park visits, things that are miserable with the heat, and the non-air-conditioned van.....

1 comment:

AUTISMOMMA said...

You are smart to not disregard that van recall. I don't know what kind of van you have but a friend of mine has one that had a recall on it for the same thing about two years ago......that she ignored. Their van basically spontaneously combusted while sitting in their garage. Luckily, they were home when it happened and caught it before it did any damage to their home. But I hate to think what COULD have happened.