summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, August 7, 2009

is this really vacation?

Okay, our vacation was busy....but very nice, fun, exciting.....Paul is still off work today, so he is technically still on vacation. Technically.

After a few days of seemingly non-stop cooking and serving and activities and candy selling, the conference was over.....too quickly. But we were tired. So we stayed another day, just took care of the kids, relaxed...went down to the pools....and it was so funny, Camille and Charlotte Claire were tired, and they both broke down crying at once...so Paul and I were leaving the pool area with them, our chairs, a few of the other kids, and having some company down for lunch...on the way down the road, I met up with a friend....I told him that we were finally having a day off...he laughed his head off, and said, "You call this a day off?!!".......

I am not very good at the comment moderation thing yet...sometimes I lose a comment. sorry! I don't know why this happens. I only have it on to block a few specific comments, not to weed through and publish what I like....if one doesn't show up, it was accidental...

Yeah, we have to go to blockbuster....we somehow keep the movies way too long.....No More Late Fees is my friend, but there are still those re-stocking fees.....I returned "The Shaggy Dog" without the dvd....I still have to get that back...but I do not feel like going anywhere today. It is a beautiful sunny summer day....not too hot, not too humid...just perfect...maybe Mr. Vacation will get the pool filter hooked up and we can actually use the pool, on August seventh! Hey, I am not complaining...I am just looking forward to it....I really like swimming....and it is so nice to keep them busy, getting excercise and having fun and getting tired out. Yes, we moms like to tire out the kids....last night, I took them all in the hot tub. I made my usual deal with Paul: I will take them all in (seven of them, Kathryn on down) if he PROMISES to come get Camille after ten or fifteen minutes and brings her in and dresses her and gets her in to bed.....well, he did come get her...rather, he sent Margaret, who was home from the youth meeting by then...(Camille is very high maintenance in the hot tub. She likes to jump, she doesn't like to be held on to, she is just plain crazy.....after she gets out, it seems like a piece of cake to have the other six in there with me...even Charlotte Claire who swims from side to side and goes under water)....anyway, with the calm clear night with a full moon, it was wonderful out there....then - I brought Rosie in. She really wanted to get in with us, so I scooped her up and brought her in....I had put in some green-tea aromatherapy drops in, and the water smelled so good....Rosie loved it. I thought she would fuss and struggle and not like it, but she absolutely loved it. Rats.....she is going to bug us everytime now.....(she smells like green-tea now).....oh, it was funny to have her in there. She swam around....I didn't keep her in for too long though, because I don't know if it is good for her to be in 102 water for very long....

Camille just found a baggie of peanut butter cookies. She opened them. She dropped a few. She stepped on the ones she dropped. Yet still I sat here, writing about the hot tub....she ate some cookies...she got them slimy and her hands slimy. She tried to give me some. I ignored her....I really have to go now!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

enjoy whats left of your vaction with you husband home...hope you get your pool ready to use..I know around here its hitting 90 for about the 1st time this summer on Sunday!

AUTISMOMMA said...

I am so glad to see you back and to hear how much you all enjoyed the conference!