summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 20, 2009

the mousies live on!

And on and on...this is day three of taking care of mousies. And guess who is ending up feeding them? Oh, if I knew they would survive this long...nah, I probably would've done the same thing. They are a little bit cute, but mostly - yuck-, but they are alive, and they are babies. And sometimes when I feed them a dropperful of formula, they hold the dropper with their tiny still-almost-transparent paws....

My back hurts. It has happened off and on through the years where my lower back has just killed....I can't get comfortable to sleep, so I have been pretty tired...I wonder if it is all the swimming I have done, which stinks if it is, I need the excercise. I cannot really swim with this pain, anyway....I don't feel like going to a dr., paying a copayment, going for xrays, paying the copayment, then going back to the dr.... In the past, I have just been more careful when it acted up and it eventually got better. So I am biding my time....

I am glad for the gospel right about now. Just think how frustrating it is when you want things in order and can't quite manage...add in a hurt back, and wow. I just have to remember that God knows my heart, it is Him I live to please, and if you stop in and think I am a lazy slob, so be it. (you would be kind of right...)

Today I have an assignment from Daddy. Take the minivan into Walmart for a new tire, he got a flat yesterday. That sort of wrecks the plans I had to take all the kids on an adventure, but it has to be done. The thing about the minivan is that it only seats seven. So now I have to choose. It is hard to do sometimes.....they all are so eager to go (the younger ones, anyway)(and Sam if he thinks any McDonalds might be involved)....

We also have to mail a special package to Emily....she requested some coffee, apparently the coffee they serve where she is in Norway is pretty bad........Mirielle made me buy a pound of Starbucks coffee, and we are also sending a pound of another kind. Aaron wants to get some job applications, so he will probably come with me. So I will be running around today. I just have to remember that it is not doing what I like that makes me happy, but liking what I am doing. Or not even liking what I am doing, but being happy anyway.....that contentment "come what may" is precious, a good thing to seek after. God wants me to be faithful in the circumstances here, not to seek my own. Sometimes it seems like being a mother is like a disapearing act...the things I really like to do disapear.....but if I take it right, without resentment, I am rewarded with peace. Look at the movie stars, and show me one who is truly happy. They have money and fame and they spend their time trying to be happy and fulfill their lusts. But that is like trying to fill a cup with a hole in the bottom, because it is only by doing for others that true happiness comes. (I know, a relaxing day at the beach, or to sleep in, or to have someone cook for me are wonderful experiences...but the way the lusts operate, if I seek these things, I will want more...and more....but if I live my life for the others, (God) when these special blessings come along, I will be thankful for them, and enjoy them so much more than if I sought them and longed for them.....)

And that is my preaching for today! Now I have to go live it....

1 comment:

FLmom7 said...

I hope your back feels better soon.