summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 8, 2009

bonus day!!!

Today is a bonus day, a gift. Because I thought it was Sunday...I was planning on reading the Sunday paper, going to church...then I realized at some point that WAIT, it is SATURDAY! YAY! The weekend didn't go by as fast as I thought it did.....

We went to the grocery store yesterday. Mirielle was co-pilot, and having a 19 year old daughter that likes grocery shopping on a Friday afternoon with her mama is pretty nice! We took Sonja K., Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire. And we went in the mini-van, which is so nice to drive compared to the big van. And, it has air-conditioning.

We got so much good stuff....I do like that feeling of having good food in the house. We bought watermelon, and peaches, plums, carrots, boneless chicken, hot sausage, butter, cheese, tortillas, milk, cat food, dog food, ice-cream, toilet paper, paper towels, bagels, and toothpaste. Over $200 worth. Oh, and lots and lots of frozen veges, only .89 cents a lb. bag, and lots of cans of green beans and corn. Oh, and donuts. The evil donuts. I was only going to buy a few for us, but hey, six are cheaper....then I realized that I could get six more for only $2 more...so, I got a dozen. I will have to cut them up, but they will enjoy them.

The kids I took to the store did not behave very well. They danced and twirled and tried to carry Charlotte Claire on their backs. They suggested lots of things, but didn't actually beg for them. Then Charlotte Claire had a fit when I tried to buckle her into her carseat, as she wanted to do it herself.....Jon and Sonja were arguing about something, and I told them they better quiet down or the police would come. Yeah, I do that sometimes....by the time we got to Blockbuster, they were so repentant and full of promises that they would be SO good if I let them come in and not stay in the van with Mirielle.....

Well, sad to say I have not even began to put away the several laundry baskets full of clothes. Mirielle convinced me that today would be rainy (not) so we should start today. Wonder if we will get to it or put it off 'til tomorrow. The kids are starting to learn which basket has the undies, which the play clothes...uh-oh! And, there is a new pile of clothes on the couch, growing daily.....

I did sweep and mop both the kitchen and livingroom yesterday, the girls cleaned up and shined the counters and it looked pretty fine in here. Then with all the lawn mowing that went on yesterday, the floors are all grassy now.....And add to that the bags of groceries that aren't put away yet, lots of canned stuff.....and rats, I don't feel like cleaning on Saturday. I just don't really like the monotony of housework. Just the impermanence of it. If that is a word. I DO like a clean house though. Good thing. Not that I have one, but I have some long range goals. ha.

I might just go in the big pool today, if Paul puts the ladder on. The kids can jump in without it just fine, but it wouldn't be pretty for me to try. I would be stuck in there forever.....

I haven't posted pictures in a while because it takes so long to download them, and I seem to be blogging in these hurried little increments. Camille is in the chair with me right now because I just took a chocolate cookie from her....for some reason the kids thought cookies and licorice were okay to have this morning, nah. Cereal. I mean, the cereal is as good as cookies, Cap'n Crunch, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms. I had the oat cereal with strawberries. A few kids are wanting eggs...that means I have to get up and put this away.....

1 comment:

Tereza said...

My house is like that too...all nicve then bang....grass gets tracked in. someone pees on the floor, the baby unrolls the entire roll of toilet paper and on and on it goes:) By the end of the day it loos as though you havent swept in a month!
It took me an entire week to recooperate from conference!! I'm guessing it'll take you about that long to get all the stuff properly put away:):)