summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

blank day....

Nothing planned, that is. Except I have to call the wood lady. That is, the nice lady who sells us wood by the dump truck load....hard to think about the freezing cold winter in such a heatwave, but it will come. Actually, today is only supposed to be in the low eighties, with less humidity. As uncomfortable as the hot weather is, it is also nice. Our pool water has been like bath water....

I just talked to Benjamin before he went off to work. He looked in the baby mousie box and said one was moving, but he didn't see the other one...I am dreading looking in that box. The girls had a big fuss last night over those baby mousies. Kathryn and Margaret were totally opposed to the box being brought in their room. Evelyn, Suzanne, and their cousin Olivia were bunking in with them for the night, and wanted to bring the box in there with them. The box is up on the bookcase so the opposers won. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get those babies to ingest a few drops of baby formula at a time. (that is why you should never throw anything out, you never know when you will need it).....I detest mice, but hey, they are little newborns, and very sweet.....to see the girls holding them and petting them is so hilarious but sad at the same time, as they are going to die. They asked me what we would do with them if they live, and I said we would set a mouse trap for them, of course. Just kidding. I would let them keep them, easy to say, because I have read that even with a mommy, baby mice survival is only 50%. But now they are asking, Mommy please, if they die, can we get some pet mice from the pet store....

Oh, the funniest thing was when daddy got home from work and they all ran down to meet him, stumbling over each other to tell him about the mice....but they agreed not to tell 'til he got up on the deck.....so they were giving them hints, telling him they had something cute, two little cute things, so adorable....he was giving me this look as he walked up the driveway, like, "What did you do now?"....(once he came home to a baby bunny, which I do admit I purchased for $25 at the pet shop, it was SO cute and they begged)....and the two kittens...and of course Rosie, but he said I could have her.....anyway, when he saw what they were, he looked mighty relieved.

Sonja stayed up to watch the movie with the older kids last night. She is awake already, on the couch, and she is tired. Why oh why do kids get up when they are still tired?

I am thinking about doing something fun with the kids today. Cheap and fun. Summer is ticking by, I do not want to think about school yet. I have been stocking up on supplies, but not school clothes. My kids will be neat and clean, but they will not have all new clothes. Except for all the nice things I bought last year on clearance for Jonathan....

Why is it that I never run out of things to say?

1 comment:

Martha said...

School shopping... Hmm, guess I won't be doing much of that, at least until I have babysat for a week or two.. Clothes... do they need clothes? Nah, they aren't going anywhere and besides they just bought clothes for summer camp, didn't they? School supplies... I think we have a few old pencils and a notebook or two around here somewhere... and I did buy a couple packs of notebook paper... The real question is when will I ever do and send in that paperwork... Oh, I just so do not want to think about it. Can't we just forget about school and go to the Fair instead?

So, how are those baby mice? I saw some really cute finger puppet mice online once. Maybe those would do.