summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 27, 2009

sadness and Kmart....

SHE was smiling....my Mirielle. But I was not. Oh, I am glad for her...but I couldn't help crying....she will be gone for a long long time. First England for a few months, then maybe France for a bit, then Norway for a year.






One might think that when one has sixteen kids, one leaving wouldn't be so sad. That couldn't be further from the truth. Now we have only 13 kids in the house, until next month when Joseph comes home...then Emily will be home...at least for a little while....oh, I am going to miss Mirielle....
Here is Miss Camille, who doesn't like sitting in the cart, and I'll be darned if I am going to let her walk....she is way too grabby.




She said, "No want it, take picture!"





This Kmart is full of memories for me, it is near where I grew up, and my mother worked here for a few years when I was little. Imagine my surprise when I ran into these two fellows! My brother's son, Mike, and my baby brother, Casey.....they don't work at Kmart, they work for a company that puts up displays.....it was nice to chat with them for a bit....what a small world.








These kids had too much fun in Kmart. Suzanne, who is between Kathryn and Sonja, has $5o to spend. She has saved it up. She looked, but didn't buy. I looked AND bought. But not very much. A pair of very sparkly sneakers for Sonja for school, some chips and gatorade for the kids (another healthy lunch) 3 new folders, a little toy limosine car for Jonathan, and two $2 shirts.
Oh dear, Sonja and Jon are playing Pizza Hut (we went there last summer),and Jon is giving his order. He asked for an icewater, and said, "An ice water is free".....they have their cash register, and I gave them a few reciepts, some change, one dollar bill, and Mirielle's old debit card.
Charlotte Claire didn't get to go with us today, she was still sleeping when we left. She stayed home with Aaron, Mali, Sam, Margaret, and Evelyn. And Abigail, she is home now. Tonje, the girl she was staying with, had her baby on Monday, she named her Celine Joy. Her husband is coming home from the west coast today, so Abigail's companionship is no longer needed.....now she needs to find a job....real life will begin soon for her.....she has an accounting degree, which sounds boring to me, but she is a practical girl. It is good to have her home again.
Mali is finishing up the kitchen painting. It is the same color as before, so no shocking change like the living room, but clean and nice....Aaron and her want to go to the amusment park, and are looking on craigslist for cheap tickets, but they haven't found any yet. Oh well....







2 comments:

Janis said...

My two oldest started school last week and my heart hurts when I dwell on them being away from me for so much time. I will pray that the distance will allow for a new and special kind of communication that will bring you even closer. Hugs!

Martha said...

I love your K Mart pictures but I'm just not too sure about that girl walking away at the airport... Letting go is not easy, not ever, but what a grand adventure for her!

Hey, that baby of your is growing up! (I know, you don't really want to hear that.) She's adorable but I would stick her in a cart too.

When does school start? And why are some kids going before the Fair is over?