summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 8, 2009

takin' a break

The signifigance of this picture? Two empty laundry baskets! And yes, they do have toys....
The good thing is that the clothes that were in these baskets got put away, the girls didn't just dump them.....We do still have several others that we haven't gotten to yet. I just am not so motivated. But, I did go for a walk today. A mile. A long, hilly mile. Oh, am I out of shape. How did I stop going for my walks? When? Why??? Oh well....I went today, and I am going tomorrow. When I got back, feeling like I had run like ten miles, although I honestly don't know what that feels like, I went in the pool, which was very chilly and felt wonderful. I had enough of being in there pretty quickly, but the kids had found me. They did not have enough. So, I took the cover off the hot tub and got in there...and was joined by a few of them. The water was 96, just right....now it is time for dinner, Mirielle is starting it....the kids are husking corn, we are grilling chicken, and having rice and fajitas. With peppers. I am so hungry, I only had a smoothie and some pretzels for lunch today. And, some of Camille's donut. Good and healthy. ha.
Time now to get that dinner on the table. We have been on such a summery schedule lately, last night dinner was at 8:30! The kids went to bed by eleven....I read a bit and went to bed after midnight, then the older kids watched a movie, starting it at 1 am. No wonder they are sleeping in 'til noon everyday!
Well, Kathryn's digital camera got run over by the lawnmower. Poor Kap. And Rosie-The-Bad-Puppy popped two of the three new floaties today. She attacks them, and they are dead on the first bite.....
Well, I am refreshed and relaxed and right about now I wish I had a maid and a cook, and someone would just serve me my dinner. But it ain't gonna happen, I need to get up and move.....

4 comments:

Tereza said...

HA mee too..why oh why am I still on here?!:):):) Ok...NOW I'm signing off!!

FLmom7 said...

That's good you went for a walk and also got to relax for a bit. Living at your house sounds like so much fun, although I'm pretty sure there's lots of noise and chaos...I only have 7 and it's pretty much like that here, so I imagine what it would be like to have so much more! :)

BTW, I closed my blog but when I get some time I am going to start a fresh, new one and I'll give you the link when I do so.

mommeeof10 said...

You put the laundry away? How can the children find their stuff if you hide it in the dressers and closets?

AUTISMOMMA said...

I LOVED the mention of the camera getting run over by the lawnmower and laughed out loud. It was just so non-chalant, Della, that you made it seem like a commonplace event. It's nice when I see other people having the same disasters we have happening around them....unfortunate, it is, but nice to know we're not the only ones!