summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 13, 2009

wally world...

Well, Walmart is the place I love to hate. They have what I need, so I need to go there.......we needed another gallon of green paint, so off I went. Samuel, who needed sneakers, and Kathryn and Camille went along. A hundred bucks later, we had our sneakers and paint. And a few other things.

A sad story: apparently the nice older gentleman who mixed our paint the other night has been hospitalized, and is ill. I don't know the details, but the young "associates" that were mixing paint today, (and gossiping) let on that the ill worker's son is getting married this weekend, and maybe he's faking. Okay. What is sad about this ? A sixty something year old man playing hookey from Walmart to go to his own son's wedding? Leave him alone, girls.

Samuel has a fondness for McDonalds, so I used a coupon today and took him through the drivethrough. He was happy. We came home, put away the stuff, and made a beeline for the pool....heavenly. Well, if heavenly includes two crazy jumping-off-the-ladder little girls, who have no regard for their own safety. And a crazy puppy who just begs to come in for a swim (and, for that matter, a crazy mom who feels sorry for said puppy and lets her in).....Mirielle was nice and took Camille in and put her for her nap so mommy could swim and sit in the sun for a bit....now mommy needs to move it move it again. Dinner time approaches. I DO have a general idea what's for dinner. We still have no gas for the grill, so I am thinking of sloppy joes.....we have burger, and rolls.

I have some phone calls to make, and a house to tidy up before daddy comes home so it looks like I have done more than lounge in the sun and play on the computer......

1 comment:

Darla said...

Too funny (the tidying up the house so it looks like you've done more than sunbathing and lounging on the computer)! :) You and I know that all day long except for the little time you sunbathed and sat at the computer you were busy, busy, busy but Daddies don't always believe it unless there is visible proof! :)