summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, August 23, 2009

one mousie died....

And the kids don't know it yet. I kept the box here by my chair last night, feeding the poor little guys...and one wasn't interested. Finally, it took a big breath and was still. I must be crazy, because I teared up a little. 5 days I have been feeding them....now the other one, who I call Squeaky, has slowed down noticably. I have been up for a while, and tried to feed him, and he seems just blah.

I couldn't sleep because my back was hurting, so I decided to get up. Everyone else is still sleeping, except for stupid Rosie, who just keeps barking at the across-the-road neighbors' dog every 5 minutes or so. It is so absolutely silent here that the barking is just not acceptable, especially on a Sunday morning. I have jumped up no less than 5 times to quiet her. Oh, she looks so repentant when I tell her to stop....like she'll never do it again. I would just bring her in here, but she will sneak down to the kids' room, and if she gets too excited when they all yell at her, she will pee in there. Oh well, I didn't get the perfect dog I envisioned, but I do love her anyway.

School starts on September 8th this year. I will have 9 kids going again, as Joseph graduated and Jonathan starts kindergarten. Aaron and Mali in high school, Sam, Margaret, Kathryn, and Evelyn in middle school, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan in elementary. I had better face reality pretty soon and check their school lists to see if we have everything. I have been buying basic supplies all along, and I bought Jon a sleeping mat. Wah. I do not want to send my little Jonny. But I will be letting him stay home a lot. I have been struggling with the homeshooling thoughts all summer. They are MY kids, I hate sending them off. But the school district is great, the teachers are kind and respectful, my older ones had no problems going through school, and are strong advocates of sending the younger ones off for their own doses of reality.

Aah, sweet quiet. Paul is up now, but he is being quiet. We are going to church this morning, so I need to get moving and get their clothes out.....

1 comment:

Felicia said...

I was just wondering if you ever have problems with your school and absences. At our school if they have more then 5 unexcused absences a semester we get nasty letters and called to the district office. With high schoolers they won't pass the class unless they make up the extra days. Parent notes are not excused. We struggle with this because we like to vacation and take kids to other things.