summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

quick note

Here is Aaron sanding...the old blue doesn't look too bad compared with the new green....
Margaret sanding...

Charlottte Claire having ice cream in her car seat...shh. Mirielle and I took her with us on our errands yesterday.....I applied for a passport, and she got a renewal on hers, since it is going to expire next May when she is in Norway. And she had to have it expidited, which costs way more, since she is leaving for England in a month.....it took a long time...
Here is the new green paint...I can't decide whether to keep it or return it....




It is fresh and clean and new, but it is just so GREEN!....beige would clash with the couch, white is out, blue is so BEEN THERE...I don't know what to choose.





...we started painting the living room. And I hate the color. Just hate it. We have always had a blue living room. I liked it. The last time we repainted it, it was an awful shade of blue....now this time, it was time to try a green. With the wood floors and beige and red furniture, green seemed like a good choice. It is way to lime-y. Not dusty enough, but the dustier greens looked to depressing....Oh, I don't know what to do...we can take it back and start again, but several teenagers who are doing this project might just hate me....

3 comments:

Tereza said...

personally I like it!

FLmom7 said...

That's funny, we just painted our living room green too, last week. My husband really liked the color he picked but I wasn't crazy about it...and I'm still not. But others who come in my house liked it. Maybe it just takes some getting used to and then you might start to like it?

AUTISMOMMA said...

I know just the "dusty" greens you're referring to and while they DO look too depressing in the store, once you get them on the wall and your furniture up against them, you will most likely love it. Our neighbors have one of these shades of green in their living room and with all the sunlight that floods in during the day, it looks really nice and cozy and comfortable in there.