summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 19, 2009

home with only five kids...

And if I could find my camera, I would have taken a picture of them eating their pizza at the Little Tikes picnic table in front of the Christmas tree with two candles lit. (I have been buying mozzarella cheese for $9 a 5 pound bag, shredded, and I tossed two 88cent Walmart pizza crusts in flour, rolled it out, and baked it with olive oil, sauce, and cheese...two pizzas for just a few bucks each)(it has been a LONG time since I only had to make two pizzas!)....anyway, I would take pictures of them eating their Christmas ring pops, and playing doggies. They love to crawl around pretending they are dogs.

I would take a picture of Camille's face when she has just woken, with that look that only a just-awoken child can have. I wish I could paint, I would paint that expression.

I would take a picture of all the cupcakes in the kitchen, since Mirielle made enough for tomorrow's Christmas feast, too.

I would take one of Jonathan right now, he is sucking his thumb and watching "Pippi Longstocking".....it must taste better than his ringpop that he is saving for later.

I wrapped lots of presents today. Camille serenaded me for part of the time, singing the "I Want Mommy" song. It is accompanied by lots of crying and many tears. A bit of screaming, too. It makes mommy just want to quit wrapping and give things away in their Walmart and Target bags.

Just for the record, having five kids, ages 8, 7, 5, 3, and two, is EASY. Well, comparatively. They are just so perfectly happy to be here just with me, they think it is great fun. Jon set the table, and when they were done he offered to help me with the dishwasher. So remember the word, "comparatively"....partly it is easy because they have me all to themselves, and are taking full advantage of that.

Camille caught on pretty quickly that they have ringpops. I passed them out to the other kids when she was still napping, but they are being save-y and slow, so she keeps saying, "I want my own. I want my own." Good thing I have more in the closet. Now Charlotte Claire is saying that she needs another one because Suzanne and Jon have lots, since they ate theirs so slowly. So maybe it isn't going to be so easy after all.

Well, I have to get her a ringpop and talk to these guys.

2 comments:

debi9kids said...

It's crazy, isn't it? On the days when I just have "a few" kids it's just so easy ;)

(of course, sometimes the big kids help out and that's lovely, but a lot of times, they argue and neeeeeeeed things...lol)

Anonymous said...

What a great life! And what a beautiful family! Thank you for commenting on my blog. I was happy to find yours. I never know for sure who all reads mine and just when I think I might quit I meet someone new. We were very sad about the baby, but still so happy and blessed with the two we have.