summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, December 6, 2009

oh it's good to be back home again...

Oh, when I got home, I was going to be so nice and kind and patient. Then I got home.

No, I have not been mean. But it always seems to take just a bit more patience than I posess to deal with these guys. Charlotte broke at least three ornaments today, and Camille got two candy canes from the tree before we decided to put them only on the top of the tree. She had a candy cane on Friday night at her cousin Grace's house, and has a one track mind.

I love love love them, but they keep me hopping. homework dishes christmas present exchanges in school , and the ornaments that broke today have cut two feet, even though I thought we cleaned up.....and then I reached a plate out of the cupboard, and a saucer was on top, which doesn't belong on the stack of plates, and SHATTER. It is the day of broken glass here.

It is good to have time away to reflect on oneself (and to ENJOY oneself!). There really was a blessing on our time away, of course the weather was wonderful. And we managed to walk the fine line of not burning, yet getting tan. We felt good, I felt better than I have in years. I slept well, mostly, and spending so much time in the water was great for my joints. (not that kind of joint, we smelled it but did NOT smoke it.) So now life is real again. And all my good intentions are being put to the test. But that is okay. I remembered when Sonja came back out for the first of her nightly things she forgot to tell me, how when Paul and I talked about that one night on the beach....and we encouraged each other to be more patient, more kind when she came out with her VERY important things to tell us.

It has been sweet to have Camille climb all over me again....I missed that like crazy. She is huggy and affectionate, and was not a bit hesitant to just snuggle with me when she woke up this morning. I thought she might be just a bit stand-off-ish, since I so meanly left her. But she was fine....she grew up so much. She talks and jabbers.....but she needs to go to bed....

1 comment:

Darla said...

We have done the same thing and the tree looks kind of funny with all the candy canes only on the top half...also all the ornaments. Last year we finally smartened up and got two big containers of non-shatter ornaments. Now the big kids bounce them off the floor. And do they bounce! :)