summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, December 20, 2009

oh what a feast!!!

I cannot begin to articulate the abundance of blessings that we experienced today, and of course my camera is in the same place it was last night when I wanted it, on the top of the tall bookcase. Paul saved it from Camille, and put it there.

The youth girls made a roast beef dinner. They sang songs that brought tears to my eyes because of their sincerity and purity. They sounded like angels, although I don't really know what angels sound like. The youth kids passed out gifts to the children. That alone was just plain beautiful. The families usually give out Christmas cards with family pictures in them, along with other gifts. And of course we heard God's word. How can we not be thankful for everything that comes our way? God has so much to show us and teach us. What I heard today was so encouraging, it made me wish that I could go back and live my life over again, only this time without complaining about anything!!!

I am laughing at myself today for the post I wrote last night. Things did go very smoothly for a while, but by the time I got them ready for bed, it was mayhem in here. Absolute chaos. I don't know where I went wrong. But when they get too tired, they get unreasonable and they cry and they cried. Anyway, I just thought I would mention that just in case anyone really thinks it is easy to have just five kids home. (seriously, it is easier than having ten home, but it still isn't really easy!)

Like I have said before, having older kids around is a huge help, but they have these things called OPINIONS, and they aren't afraid to voice them. They just know SO much about how to raise kids. The funny thing is, they are often right, so I try not to just dismiss them too quickly.

Kathryn and I went in my room and wrapped some more presents for about 40 minutes or so. It was so nice to know that Paul and the older ones were watching the younger ones out here. I am ALMOST done.

There is still a lot of action around here tonight, Paul, Emily, Mirielle, Aaron, Mali, and Kathryn are still up and around. I am too distracted to concentrate on writing. So.....maybe some pictures tomorrow.

3 comments:

Catherine Anne said...

Sounds wonderful~

Tereza said...

We had an awesome feast too last night! Isn't it so touching to see the young people work so hard to bless the chidlren?

I ahd to smile about you stating that things did indeed get chaotic...when I read last nights post I just knew that was coming:):):):):) HA HA!!! We really shoud be next door neighbours!

Anonymous said...

=) It's so good to hear about the other Christmas Feasts! I heard that the one in Ohio was really good, but I can only speak about what I know...and that is we think the one in CT was our best yet. There were some choir songs, a children's song and the junior and senior bands plays a couple of songs that were very nice, but the best part was the family expressions bit that ended up lasting for hours. This year each family (or person over 18) was given a name of someone to express something about. We all laughed and cried over and over, but it was wonderful and I felt like we were all knit so much closer together because of it. My dad shared Eph 4:16 "...by which every part does its share, causes the growth of the body for edifying itself in love." I think that was very appropriate, especially hearing how good all the feasts were!!

Merry Christmas!!