summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

oh ho too many presents....

So as we set out on our shopping expedition, we encountered this young man, joyfully shoveling the deck...and the driveway, and the steps....Joseph
Some snow on the playhouse.... Samuel James helped too. Rosie loves it when they are outside.



Kathryn Grace



Suzanne with Camille




So we shopped at WalMart, which was so crowded there were no carts...we had to wait for one. Then onto Walgreens to print up some pictures, then to the dreaded MALL. I do not like malls very much. They are disapointing and expensive. But we went to the bookstore and the fabric store while Abigail took Sonja, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire to the huge BassPro shop and got their picture taken with Santa, and to sit on the rides (the ones that our kids don't know take quarters). The bookstore was fun, as bookstores tend to be. We said goodbye to the mall, and took a quick trip to Aldi, just to get buns for the kielbasa I am bringing to my brother's house. Yes, we are going to my brother's house tomorrow night for a few hours. I am glad we are. I also got some mini-eclairs, only to come home and find that Emily really WAS going to make some...because she was baking them. Oh well. Anyway, I wrapped the few things I got today, and let the kids put everything under the tree. Well, next to the tree......





Jonathan, Charlotte Claire and Camille had baths tonight. They were cuddling on the couch trying to watch "12 Dancing Princesses", but it was skipping, so we took it out. We would rather just talk, anyway.






Lots of presents.







One fell on top of Emily and Sonja








Yes, lots of presents....but when you divide them all up, there ARE 18 people here. Still.....I think I bought too many. oops.

And now they are having some popcorn, and getting ready for BED. I want to get started on my jerk chicken marinade. I hope it turns out good.








3 comments:

FLmom7 said...

Wow, that is a LOT of presents! Looks like you all are going to have a fun Christmas!

Nanny Debbie said...

WOW that is ALOT of presents but then you have a VERY big family :-)
Hope you all have a happy christmas.

Karen said...

How fun!