summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 12, 2009

NOT cheaper by the dozen (or dozen and a 1/3rd)

Six of the kids...Charlotte Claire, Sonja, Kathryn, Jonathan, Mali, and Camille
I went Christmas shopping AGAIN this afternoon, but we also had another purpose: Aaron is taking his driving test soon, and wanted some practice. He specifically wanted to parallel park. Anyway, I got Abigail's birthday presents, and a the Secret Santa gift for Margaret's home gift, and her church gift. And something for Sam's church gift. Wal-Mart was pretty uneventful, except for the ladyI heard asking her little son, who was probably 6 - 7 - 8 years old, why he was always such a pain in the A$$. hmm. Nothing like growing up feeling loved and wanted.


It will be a balmy 23 when we get up in the morning. Paul cleaned the wood-burning stove pipes today, so there is a fire going and it is actually warm in here. It will be warming up a bit for the next few days, above freezing anyway, then it is getting really cold again. I went to the dollar store today and bought a bunch of pairs of mittens and gloves for the kids. They are'nt the best, but I can't exactly go pay 6 or seven dollars a pair.....


I wrapped some presents tonight with Margaret, then with Sonja. It is fun to have that one on one time with the kids, and it makes wrapping all those presents fun. But Camille didn't like being left out, so she sneaked in a few times. She dove right into the pile of wrapped presents and thought she was going to grab a few. I don't think I'll put the presents out as I wrap them this year.




No comments: