summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

oh, the excitement!

Well, I am convinced that I am indeed part Peter Pan. I am so excited about Christmas I can't stand it. I am also very nice, so I let the small children skip school today. They aren't doing much in school today anyway, to say the least. And some of them have not yet gotten their secret Santa gifts for Christmas Eve. So they need to go last-minute shopping. What am I teaching them? Just a little bit of procrastination?

So, today will be a fun out and about day, in the snow! We are getting lots of snow today, coming right off the lake. It is the nice big fluffy stuff. I have to get the ingredients for my jerk chicken, I forgot to bring the recipe when I went shopping the other day. And I need to get some things for a salad, that I couldn't get yet the other day. So out we will go.

Our kids know that Santa Claus is just a story. They like to pretend sometimes that he is real. In fact, when Jon was little and he sat on Santa's lap at the mall, he told us that Santa IS real. So we have lots of presents under our tree already. The rest are in my room, stacked and piled. I am going to bring them out today, and they are going to be so excited. I figure two days before Christmas, if they get some good guess, so what?

I shall go and get clothes out for the kids now, they have eaten breakfast and are watching Sesame Street.

3 comments:

cheryl said...

Oooh, Grace got to skip, too, mainly because she was out with her Grandma and Mom until almost 10 shopping last night.. Yea!
I also have to go shopping today, what is wrong with me??????? Probably just the same thing that's wrong with you.

Karen said...

I am so excited too! And I love to get presents. I would even rather get a present I am not crazy about then a gift card. Of course, then I feel a bit guilty for not saying something like "just put the money towards charity, I don't need anything". But I am not putting the presents out until Christmas--the little ones would probably open them the minute I turned my back!

Chrissy in Chaos said...

That's ridiculous that they are still at school this week - in the UK most kids broke up on Friday - a nice calm week before hand.