summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

am I the only one who.....?

Feels guilty about throwing away a Lego or a Barbie shoe, and fishes it out of the garbage?



Finds it easier to just do something myself rather than track down the one who left the towel on the floor or the milk on the counter?



Am I the only one who can get a new roll of toilet paper?



Am I the only one around here who can close a drawer all the way?



Am I the only one who can close up the bread?



Am I the only one who notices that the garbage is FULL?



Am I the only one who puts the books vertically on the bookshelf?



Am I the only one who sees the toothpaste smeared on the counter and in the sink?



Sometimes I wonder....it seems like when things DO get put away, they are booby traps. The other day, Paul opened a cupboard, and the huge warehouse-sized jar of Taster's Choice instant coffee fell from the top shelf to the floor, showering the counters and floor with yummy chrystals that turned into small puddles when in contact with water, which happened to be present due to the proximity of the ice dispenser on the front of the 'fridge which spews those nice little shreds of ice, since the kids always turn it to the "crush" mode, the ice melts on the floor, ....also, since no one here can properly close a cupboard door, the cereal cupboard also got a shower of coffee.....the funny part was that NOT FIVE MINUTES LATER, he opened the 'fridge, and the 32 ounce container of yogurt fell from the top shelf and splattered strawberry goodness all over his feet, and the tile....to say I was doubled over with laughter is an understatement.



That was on Sunday, when we were exhausted from working at the wedding, and trying to clean up the house quickly for Emily's company. What can you do if you can't laugh?



Ah, the wedding was lovely, I heard. I did see Tamara, the bride, she is beautiful anyway, she was radiant in her gown.



So now I am here with Camille, who had a temperature of exactly 37 celsius, or 98.6 fahrenheit. She is as happy as can be, playing with all the dollies in her own little world. She stayed in the inflatable firetruck ball pit while I swept and mopped, it was joyous. Then Benjamin came through and left footprints...rrr.



I have laundry to switch over, and the dishwasher to run, but other than that, it looks decent in here, and I am content to sit here with my feet up....



Here is what I am happy about today:



Aaron and Samuel are coming home!!! At least I THINK they are. Aaron mentioned on facebook that they are stranded at a nice hotel in Oslo....so I will be waiting for confirmation on when to pick them up at the airport...it might be tomorrow....either way, I am so glad they are coming home, I have missed them terribly.



Having Miss Mirielle home has been just lovely. Six of my daughters stayed up and watched a movie with me last night, Mali, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, and Mirielle. We had Mali's homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and after the movie we just stayed up and talked and laughed until I was so tired I could hardly get off the couch.....so I went to bed at 2am again....



Mirielle ended up taking the big white van to the beach today. There were just too kids to fit in the minivan. It was a teeny tiny bit hard to see them troop out to the van with their towels and pails and lunchboxes without ME, but....I am okay...

Now Camille is watching "Calliou" , and I am thinking that we need some lunch....Benjamin is here, so lunch for three....unless Joseph joins us.....either way, sounds easy!

6 comments:

Tereza said...

ha ha...I must be the only one too!!! I'll have to read this post to my hubby...that should make him feel better just as it has made me feel better:):)

Robin said...

Love this post! I am the only one who does those things in my house,too. A common mom syndrome:) Cabinets being booby trapped is classic. That happens here quite often. Recently it was a jumbo bag of cereal... then my kids decided to make pancakes on the floor..the baby broke 2 eggs and Garrett spilled the milk in it, lol.

Martha said...

Oh, my goodness! I laughed out loud too. Is that bad?

I have been known to fish tiny toys out of the garbage. Your list made me smile because I have often wondered the very same things. I could relate to every single one and think of several more.

Martha said...

PS. You might enjoy Betsy's Good, Bad, and Ugly posts. Here's a link to the last one-
http://myfivemen.blogspot.com/2010/07/good-bad-and-ugly-part-9.html

FLmom7 said...

Oh, I can SO relate to much of what you wrote...full trashcans, empty toilet paper rolls, entire tubs of yogurt falling out of the fridge...I ask myself the same questions- why am I the only one who notices these things (and gets stuck doing the work to fix them all!)? Thanks for your thoughts, and know that you are not alone.

cheryl said...

Hahahahaha.. I just read that Paul Paragraph to my family.. we had a good laugh, and I'm glad you did, too..