summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

my boys are home!

Aaron, Mali, Joseph, Sonja and Jonathan, and Samuel James....back in the U.S. of A. finally!!!(Aaron and Sam are back, the others went to the airport with me and humored Mommy's request for a picture ...)
Our first glimpse of the boys....Jonathan was so excited when Aaron texted and said they had landed...he said, "That means they're safe! Unless the plane blows up...." none to quietly, either....

Mali, waiting and waiting for her brothers.... Joseph waiting patiently....



Jonathan just watching...






We had quite the ordeal.....we went to the airport to the east of us....Mirielle called when we got there and said they missed their flight from Paris and would be coming to a DIFFERENT airport, oh 65 miles or so to the west....we had a few hours to waste, so we went to the dollar store and bought cotton candy...and to KMart and bought some school sneakers and Christmas presents. Jonathan and Sonja got spoiled and enjoyed their time in the minivan.

Benjamin thought he would bug Joseph a bit....Joe threw a cup of water on Ben....oh, the fun never ends...







The sky was so pretty with thunder in the distance...we had quite a storm come through today.
So...we left for the airport at 2:30 this afternoon, and got home at 9:30. We went to our favorite bakery, then to McD's just for drinks.....when we found out we had to travel more we went to Burger King and got a sandwich for the road, and some one dollar Icees....to be fair, we did not get into the donuts until the way home.
Now the boys are in bed, Emily is here visiting, Mirielle and Mali and Margaret and Kathryn are still up....Benjamin is down in the big city taking his important overnight test for the U.S. Army..wah, but I am proud of him. Please pray for him.....
I am way too distracted....goodnight!







2 comments:

Tracy said...

Good luck for Benjamin, I understand how you feel. My daughter left for the Army 2 days after she turned 18 and it felt like I would never see her again. However, God is Good and he has a plan even if we don't know what it is! To make a long story short, she ended up being in bootcamp for close to a year due to knee injuries before getting an honorable medical discharge. This is after she called me from bootcamp (about 1/2 way through) and said she would be in Afganistan when she finished bootcamp.

But the Lord had other plans for her. She is now back living at home and will be giving birth to my first granddaughter in October. I know this little baby will not be mine, but like you I pray for a baby all the time. Unfortunately my husband is not on the same page and would prefer no more babies. Anyway, the Lord sometimes answers prayers in ways unexpected.

Hang in there! God has a plan for Benjamins life!

Take care,
Tracy

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you, Tracy. Just the words, "Iraq" and "Afghanistan" make me feel ill. But God gave Ben to us, and I know He has His hand on him. Congrats on the upcoming grand baby! And thank you for taking the time to encourage me, I very much appreciate it!