summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

what a day!

Today I had some places to go and things to do....first thing: take Mali to get her permit to drive. Not that she will be getting her license any time soon, but it doesn't hurt to have lots of experience behind the wheel...but after we parked the big van downtown, fed the meter, hauled the kids into the motor vehicle building, and Mali started filling out the papers, I realized I had forgotten all about bringing her birth certificate.....oops.

Anyways, after a few more places we stopped into Aldi and Charlotte Claire wanted to ride in the cart...I put her in the back, then when the good stuff like marshmallows and eggs and milk and spinach and yogurt started piling up, I told her it was time for her to walk...she just started crying and said she was too tired.. I tried to lift her out, and lo and behold, she was burning up. Mali so nicely carried her for me as I hurried toward the register. Well, I DID get some orange juice and apples and strawberries and blueberries and a watermelon and a honeydew and a cantaloupe and some onions and some popsicles quick....

Her temperature: 39, which is 102.2....my brother's kids had something like this last week, so I am not totally surprised. It does interfere with our plans to go out to the camper tomorrow.....and I feel sorry for poor Charlotte Claire, having a fever when it is so hot....it hit ninety yesterday, and 87 today.

We had some chicken and mixed veggies for dinner, along with the leftover pasta salad. Then I cut up all the fruit I bought today and put it into containers and baggies in the 'fridge. It will only last a few days, but it is oh-so-good. Abigail is here, so I am going to send some home for Emily and her.

There are lots of kids in here, so distraction reigns...

No comments: