summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 23, 2010

rainy friday...

Joseph and I love the rain. It was much needed here in our little part of the world and it filled up the pool for us.



Rainy days are cozy and when it is summertime and warm, I don't mind getting soaked, except for when my sandals get all wet and my feet slip around in them....



Joseph almost got us killed only twice today, once when he changed lanes and didn't see the dark green car, which to be fair WAS almost invisible in the rain....except for those two bright headlights, Joe! The second time he actually didn't endanger our lives, he just seriously almost took the back bumper off of another minivan as he pulled way to rapidly into a parking spot. He is really fun to drive with though, because he doesn't get offended or frustrated by my reminders....although he doesn't like how I brace myself everytime he begins stopping.....



It is clearing off now, some of the older kids are taking the littler ones into the pool. I should go in too, but it feels nice to sit and put my feet up after all the shopping we did today. The minivan is almost bottomed out, with six cases of water, three Snapple, three Gatorade, 2 SunnyD, and 27 twelve packs of soda.



Sometimes I worry that I give the impression that my life is all rainbows and puppydogs....and mostly it is, but...



1. My feet hurt. My back aches. I am in bad shape. I try to swim and excercise in the pool as much as I can, because it hurts too much to do it "on land".



2. I snore. This is hard to even admit, because it is embarrassing. It disturbs Paul, and it makes me dread traveling....when we went to Jamaica, I could not let myself doze on the plane.



3. I absolutely HATE getting my period. I was pregnant for half my adult years, 13 years and 3 months, to be exact, so I got used to not having it very often. (well, I suppose those post-partem weeks and the miscarriages were pretty bad too, but...) I feel so miserable and mean, like everyone hates me. Well, that is the extreme. I DO work on not just giving in and feeling terribly sorry for myself, but I still absolutely HATE it. Especially these last few years, because it screams, NO BABY THIS MONTH ....



I supppose there are more things, but I can't think of any right now. I am mostly optimistic, I never had much patience for people who dwelled on their difficulties. After all, life is short and we only get the one ride through.

No comments: