summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 2, 2010

home for a bit...

We came home last night and are leaving again today. Boy, that sounds easy, all wrapped up in that little sentance. We left most everything in the camper, took a trip to a different Walmart, which was an adventure all in itself because there is a little game room there, with a few things they can "ride" on...we didn't put any money in, but they didn't care. We did let Suze buy some of those little erasers that come in different shapes, they look like donuts and soda cans and realistic food items. She is fascinated with them, and since I accidentally threw away her whole collection a few weeks ago, I let her feed that machine some quarters for eraser french fries and pie slices. The amazing thing is that not one of the other kids said, "No fair"....

Anyway, we brought some food back to our camper, and came home for the night. I bought them new toothbrushes in Walmart, which was very exciting too, so we didn't have to bring them all from the camper and bring them all back again. There were only 8 kids with me, but...Jonathan was in high gear. He wasn't exactly BAD, but he was humming. Does that make sense? Then I was humilitated when I went up to bakery ladies and asked for cookies for the kids, and they said they don't give away cookies. What? okay. I felt like a begger lady.....our Walmart always gives the kids a cookie, so do the grocery stores. Of course sometimes I wish they didn't know this particular fact, they start reminding me as soon as we get in the store, the littler ones. Anyway....I was tempted to just leave the cart there and walk out, but I didn't. I really felt like crying. I don't know why. I bought them a few packages of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups....hmm. Did I really buy them for ME? hmm. I only had one though.

I watered the garden and put the hose in the pool, backwashed the filter and skimmed out some bugs....it is going to be really hot next week and I don't want the pool to turn green when we are gone.

Paul will be going with us this time, he took today off from work. I love seeing him wind down and relax, it doesn't happen very often. He is Mr. Energy and Mr. Responsibility, and I am Mrs. Relax-Too-Often. It is hard to Relax-Too-Often when Mr. E. & R. is puttering around being energetic and responsible.

When he sits down with his guitar and starts to mellow out, it is enjoyable.

The kids are buzzing around here, looking at me expectantly, they want to get moving! Their bikes are there at the camper, and it is hot and sunny, there are nice pools there.

So....hello, and goodbye.

2 comments:

FLmom7 said...

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

enjoy the holidays!!!