summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 24, 2010

freeze pop monsters....

It has been very hot today...dripping sweating hot. And since we are so tough, we haven't had the air conditioners on....or perhaps because we are so cheap...or perhaps because it is just too hard to close up all the windows and keep the kids from knocking down the sheet we hang across the hallway....anyway, we have been eating lots of freezepops....here is Miss Evelyn, she just finished one...
Sonja K....nice hair, eh?

Charlotte Claire got a haircut today!
I had the bright idea to cook chicken wings on the grill for dinner. One hundred wings, two hours(this is just the first batch)....but oh they were good...except for the few that got really black.....Mirielle made a pasta salad with baby cucumbers, diced tomatoes, olives, onions, and green peppers....I love summer.



Rosie keeps me company while I grill. She just had a bath the day before yesterday, but she likes to take off and go into the ditch and slog around, just to make sure she doesn't look too pretty.





We have a second playhouse on the deck now, one with no roof....but a bottom sheet works well. Camille was visiting her neighbors....






This is the off brand chocolate the boys brought me from Norway...they had very little money.....well, it is DELICIOUS.....I told Aaron that just the novelty of it made it better than the melksjokolade they usually bring home. I just paid Suzanne a dollar to help pick up all the board games Charlotte Claire and Camille dumped all over the hallway. Now they have Elefun out......
Jonathan spent the afternoon at his friend's house, Sam is there too hanging out with the older boys, their daughter was here with Sonja. Mirielle just went to exchange the kids for us. She is leaving again tomorrow, but we will see her at our church summer conference next week.
Camille is just in her undies, what is cuter than a two year old with those chubby little thighs and that sweet tummy, walking around in pink flowered undies?







2 comments:

Mom said...

Man, I can't wait until the kids are old enough to pay to clean-up. Glad everyone is home safe and sound.

There is an award for you on my blog.

Blessings, Bonnie

Tereza said...

I had an undie clad litttle one here today too:) I'm glad she at least kept that on!