summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 12, 2010

woo hoo, quiet in here!

I have nice pictures to put up, but it was taking forever for just the first one, so...not now. Joseph must be downloading something...

Abigail stopped over this afternoon after work, she was going to bring Charlotte Claire home with her for a visit...but Miss C.C. had just fallen asleep on the couch, so Ab just decided to borrow a swim suit and take a dip with the kids, then she stayed for dinner....I grilled the chops, and made a pasta salad with peppers and black olives. (the pork chops were SO good. Marinade is the key, and smoking them on the grill...oh, they were good.)

Then Emily came over! Benjamin was playing basketball with the younger girls, Emily came and sat outside on the deck in the nice cool breeze while the little girls played in their new houses...it was very nice,(except for when Kathryn shouted that Camille had pooped in her undies, and it was leaking out...poor child was crying and saying, "I do NOT want to poop in my undies, I want to poop in the TOILET!"....obviously she had very loose bowels, and couldn't help it...I told her it was okay, it happens to everyone once in a while...but I put a Pullup on her after that, just in case....) and I thought to take a picture of the 13 kids who were here, but it just didn't happen. Right now Emily, Mali, Margaret, Kathryn, and Evelyn are on an adventure to the small city. They were thinking of getting a movie, but I don't know what they will end up doing. What lucky girls to have so many sisters to hang out with.

Jonathan asked me today why God lets kitties die when people love them. Hmm. I just plain said, "I don't know....but probably so we can realize that life is short....." He just does not think it is fair that Mali brought home such a delightful thing as a kitten, and it went and died. I am almost wondering if I should just start to be on the lookout for another kitten for him. After all, he won't be six years old forever, and it is HIS childhood, not just my life that is important. I am willing to be inconvenienced for him. Wait, who the heck am I kidding, I love kittens!! I love when they can't seem to get close enough, and they snuggle right beneath the chin, purring and pawing and snuggling....I just LOVE that. Then watching them play and run in circles, and jump in the air and twist around, attacking dust particles in the air and every other moving object....yes, what a hardship that would be.....(yes, I do have that niggling voice in the back of my mind, that stupid voice of reason that says things like, "what about cleaning up cat poop and hairballs? What about vet bills? What if it is a kitty who only drinks running water out of the sink in our bathroom, like the cat we had for all those years, the one who always knocked on the door so that it was impossible to have the bathroom to oneself....?What if it gets hit by a car, like Norrie Cat, and we have to bury it quick so the kids don't see how mangled she was? " Oh dear, I hate that stupid voice of reason.....

1 comment:

Joni said...

Bummer about the kitten! I'd also love to let our kids get one, but two in our family are allergic to cats, so ... wonder what pet we should get? Hmmmm ...