summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

three posts in one day?

Do I have too much time on my hands?



Actually, it is after ten o'clock, and the kids are tucked in...well, the little ones are. 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 of the bigger ones are still milling around. I had the great idea to take Charlotte Claire and Camille into my room and read them three stories...sounds nice, right? Well, Camille was extra tired, and she was a little brat. Every place Charlotte Claire cuddled up, Camille wanted to be in....she wiggled and pulled the blankets and...ahh, she started fussing and crying....she didn't want to hear any more stories! She didn't want anything. I did give her a swat on her little Pull-up-ed bottom, but it just made her cry more....so I calmly read the rest of the books to Charlotte Claire, who snuggled up to me and listened. Camille was just plain tired out, she conked out so fast when I put her in her little nest.

Anyways, Aaron and Samuel are not coming home until tomorrow afternoon. I certainly hope the flight doesn't keep getting delayed, I want to see my boys. We had a nice dinner of taco salad with olives and peppers and tomatoes and cheese and salsa.....without them. wah.

I didn't end up staying home today....since Camille was feeling fine, Joseph drove the minivan while Camille and I held on for dear life. No, he is a pretty good driver. His driver's test is at the end of the month, and he needs practice. We went to the small city and he practiced stopping completely and his three point turn. We were almost close to death twice, once when the tractor trailer in the lane next to us did not see us and started to turn right from the left lane, right in front of us.....aahh, I screamed for Joe to stop and honk....then I asked him if it had scared him, and he simply said, "No." Then he was driving around a parked car on a side street, and a car was coming in the opposite direction, if he had kept going when I shouted STOP RIGHT NOW, he most certainly would have hit the parked car. It wouldn't have killed us, but I think Paul would have. Not really. But jeepers. How many more kids do I have to teach driving skills to? If Joseph passes his test, he will be the sixth licensed driver...ugh, ten to go.....

We went to BJ's and bought lots of candy and drinks for the church summer conference, then we drove out there and put it away. When we got back home, I went in the pool with some younger kids even though it was make-dinner-time. It was a smart move, because hungry people like Paul and Mirielle started the dinner while we swam.

Oh well, I am running out of things to say, plus I have to go to bed earlier tonight than I did last night.

No comments: