summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 18, 2010

another relaxing sunday, ha...

1. make sure they all have a bowl of cereal.

2. make sure they all put on the right clothes I got out for them, except for the older ones who pick out their own clothes.....

3. pack up some lunch quick.

4. brush little girls' hair.

5. get dressed neatly, do my own hair, throw in a load of laundry quick.

6. make a feeble attempt to clean up a bit....

7. find Camille's shoes....always a challenge.

8. get them buckled in.

9. remember to give Rosie lots of water.

10. drive down the road wondering what I forgot....

We did manage to get out to the conference center today. Evelyn Joy, almost 11, switched places with Kathryn and did the meal serving for her at today's wedding. So Kathryn Grace, 12, watched the kids at the camper while I helped prepare the meal. The camper has a.c., and they brought a dvd player and watched a movie. The meeting hall/kitchen is very closeby, and I told them to if they needed me for anything just have someone get on a bike and come get me. Well, I had nothing to worry about because my nieces were there too, babysitting some other kids while their parents attended the wedding.

So it was a tiring day, but so rewarding. We served around 300 plated dinners within 25 minutes. First salads, then roast beef au juice with roasted herb potatoes and mixed veggies, with rolls and butter. The beef had roasted all night long, on a low temp, and to say it was delicious is....well, duh! After the servers brought all the plates in, they got to take plates for themselves, and we in the kitchen took a break outside and ate ours. How can it be so much fun to carve beef and fill drink pitchers and ladle veggies onto plates? My feet did not think it was fun, but the rest of me did. I took a break after the meal was served, there were enough people to serve the cheesecake with strawberries, rasberries, blueberries, and whipped cream....

I went down to the camper and sat in the shade with my sister Cheryl, and our friend Karen. The kids had done fine without me....I took them in the pool for a little bit, along with a little sweetie that my niece was watching. He is SO cute, but his mama didn't think it was so funny when I said I wanted to steal him. I better watch what I say, I would NEVER really do that. But he WAS really sweet.

Emily has no work tonight, so she invited a few friends from out of state over to our house for a bit...that meant we had to come home and clean up...rrr. No, I didn't mind. I actually threw myself down on the couch, all stretched out, which just made the getting up and cleaning up AGONY. I told Emily I really didn't mind, because this made everyone pitch in and get the place in order, if no one was coming over it would be pretty messy in here right now. And, it was really nice to have the girls here.

Now everyone is gone except for Miss Emily, who has to stay up all night to get back on her night nurse's schedule, even though she stayed up all day and worked at the wedding...so she went to Blockbuster and got a movie....I will avoid distraction by just plain joining them....

No comments: