summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 5, 2010

hot in humid

It is already 84 degrees here in central New York state. And the pleasantness of the warmth is overshadowed by the humidity, to put it nicely. It is miserable. It isn't quite as hot here in the the livingroom as it is out on the deck, but we have no air conditioning, and it is hot and sticky. And that is all I am going to say about that.....

I have already done three loads of laundry, swept the floor, brushed the dog, made omelets for breakfast, of course taken Rosie for her walk....and now it is too hot to do anything. The kids turned on "Wordworld", and I don't care.

Camille is sitting on the couch reading, "Pigs Love Potatoes", and watching tv. Jon is sucking his thumb and watching, and Charlotte Claire is just sitting there watching...I usually hate having them watch television, but once in a while won't hurt....there are eight of them in here, just flopped. I know we will be going swimming soon though.....

Aah, I love summer. Just totally completely love it. The lack of schedule, letting them stay up later, having them sleep in....just the whole spontanaeity ( I don't know if I spelled that right, but it is one of my favorite words) of summer.....of course it would help if I had a thousand dollars, so we could do all of my great ideas, but we make due. This week, of instance, if I had several hundred dollars, I would take the kids to a hotel for a few days to keep nice and cool and swim inside out of the blazing sun. A hotel with an indoor waterpark, as long as we are dreaming. But since we can't do that, we will just stay here and be happy.

Rosie wants out again, and I do not want to go out again. But that is part of being a grown up, doing what you don't want to do. And part of being a Christian is not complaining about it. That, I need to work on.

2 comments:

AUTISMOMMA said...

I LOVE that book "Pigs Love Potatoes." It is one of my favorites and one I am happy to read over and over again.

Martha said...

We took a ride in our air conditioned van today. We even took my mom out for a ride by the lake and had an ice cream. Maybe tomorrow I will accidentally fall into my sister's pool...

Sodus Point was rather stinky this evening. This is what happens when the lake gets stirred up and then the heat kicks on.