summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 24, 2013

don't hate me....

For having such a good life. Because guess what? I woke up to noise this morning. Just the usual noise when the princesses have a day off from school...door slamming, that up-to-no-good giggling, the kind that just screams, "Mom, come check on us!" They weren't doing anything too bad, just decorating their entire faces with markers. Their bedroom floor was strewn with baby wipes, but no evidence on their faces of anything having been washed off. Then I walked down the hall to take Miss Puppy outside, and saw all the bad things she did during the night. The kitty litter was tipped over, the bathroom garbage was all over the living room....and I will spare you the details except for one little clue: I have eleven daughters. There. What a mess, that bad puppy! The piece of parchment that had six chocolate chip cookies on it when I went to bed was on the floor sans cookies, and I really thought I put it back far enough on the counter. The little basked that we used to call the "Nuk-y Basket", we kept pacifiers in it when we had babies, was shredded in pieces, the pennies and hair ponies and erasers and paper clips all over the living room floor. Yet she wagged her tail when she saw me. I was pretty cool towards Miss Suri as I cleaned up that mess. She seemed to know it. She just kept looking at me with those cartoon eyes....until I finally told her I forgave her and gave her lots of pets and pats and praises. Then she was beside herself with wiggling happiness.

And now...to go out shopping with Margaret and Evelyn....I am going to buy cherries, on sale at Price Chopper for $2.99 a pound....

No comments: