summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 25, 2013

saturday morning chilliness...

Yah, we have lots of kids. But where are they all??! Okay. Some are at the Music Weekend at church. Abigail is going to the eye doctor and the mall, and taking Suzanne and Sonja with her. Samuel is at his friend's house. Only six kids are home right now. I will be taking the three youngest out and about soon...they got Happy Meal coupons from a school reading program, and I am going to be a Nice Mom and take them there today. Why? I don't know. Camille asked me early in the week if we could go there, and I answered, "Not today. Or tomorrow. Or the next day." Friday seemed far away at that point, so I suggested Friday. Well. I did NOT feel like taking them there yesterday, so I asked them if we could please go tomorrow, which is now today, so we are going to McDonalds.

I took Suri on a walk this morning, and she wasn't too bad. She likes to smell and explore, but she didn't tug much on the leash. I did not realize that there is a new grazing place for the cows, and as we were walking, I heard a noise in the woods, and was totally shocked to see those cows standing there. I think Suri could feel my shock right through the leash, because she was not happy. She was afraid of the cows. We met two different neighbors on the way home, and Suri was a bit afraid at first, even barked at one before we got close ...then she sat down to get pet. She is a people dog, but really needs to be socialized more.

It is chilly here, 49 degrees. Overcast and windy. Camille has only undies on for some reason. Charlotte Claire has a beautiful dress on. She is helping Jonathan get out all his Nerf Guns. As if we need more toys out. They have the Sit-N-Spins out, several doll carriages and strollers, and Jon's entire Hess truck collection. They always do this when the living room is really clean, to them it means, Big Place To Play.

Yesterday in the grocery store, I bought bagels. The store has a bakery, and makes these huge yummy bagels. They were on special for four-something a dozen. I know some of my kids really like them, so I decided to pick out a dozen. They were hot from the oven! Berry berry (rasberries and blueberries), cinnamon raisin, French toast, cheddar cheese, garlic, everything....oh yum. Toasted with lots of real butter...these bagels helped me get fat, and I do not eat them any more. There are only a few left out there on the counter in that brown paper bag, and they can't be gone soon enough. I know I can't even take a bite of one, isn't that terrible? Bread and toast and bagels, chips and cookies and 'tatoes. Just can't eat them anymore.

But sometimes I really just want something good. After my walk, I started to prepare my morning oatmeal. Now, I don't eat alot of oats, just half a cup, and I know I should probably cut them out and eat eggs instead...but anyway. We are out of crunchy peanutbutter, so I decided to make pumpkin oatmeal instead. Some canned pumpkin with allspice, cinnamon, ginger, a bit of sweetener and some half and half. Heated it up, added the oats, and a little more half and half, then sliced almonds. Heated it up in the microwave, then milk on top. Oh yumminess, it wasn't quite pumpkin pie, but close enough. I LOVE pumpkin muffins and want to make some, but don't dare...if no one else here eats them, I will eat them all.

Camille Anaya is sitting with me in my comfy chair, she has a book and wants to read it with me. Jon, do not shoot me with that Nerf gun...um, if you did not just shoot me, why is there a Nerf bullet on my lap?

And so goes my Saturday....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Della,long time reader,i was just wanting to know if youre on a low carb diet,im trying to lose weight by staying in my caloric range but i wouldnt wanr to ever stop eating carbs,i think its the overconsumption of carbs that make us gain weight,just saying cause its a necessary food group