summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

quiet evening...

Well, for here it is quiet. Paul is roto-tilling more garden, this year it is going to be bigger and better. The princesses are outside with dollies and strollers, Jon and Sonja are doing homework. All the older kids are at the youth meeting at church. The baby kitten is crying...he is such a big baby. He follows me around the house all day, reminding me of the book, "Are You My Mother?" I thought he was too young to be taken from his mama, but Mali said tonight that they are seven weeks old now. Mali passed her nursing final, she is pretty excited. Mirielle and Aaron passed theirs too, and are on track to graduate this month. Phew. I feel like I have gone through nursing college too.

Today was absolutely wonderful. I headed to the pool after sending the nine kids off to school. I always try to talk myself out of it. Then I am so glad when I actually get into the water. Even if I don't end up doing other exercise or going on a walk, I have that session of swimming in for the day. My sister-in-law met me there this morning, so it was pleasant. Home...laundry, hung it out to dry in the sunshine. Swept and puttered around, read some of a book....then it was time to go pick up three kids from school, go into town to pay an insurance bill, to the store quick for some tortilla chips for taco salad...then home, again. Sam had a date with the Army recruiter for tomorrow afternoon here. I asked him to just please call him and see if we could just meet him at the recruiting station instead because it would be crazy to have him here trying to talk to us when the kids were getting home from school and eating and leaving for Activity Club at church...he said that worked for him, and I am so relieved. I do not have to clean the house now. I clean somewhat all the time anyway, but when you know someone will be coming in and sitting for a while, well, you have to clean better. And I don't like cleaning better. If someone wanted to do it for me, I wouldn't object. But.

Anyway. Busy week here for me, again. There is a soccer tournament weekend at church this weekend, and guess who has to buy soda and water and candy for it? yup. And Friday, we have big fun plans. Emily and Aaron and Mirielle invited me to go along on a trip to a small city not too far from here, on an adventure. Perhaps a small hike, a trip out for some Mexican food....I tell you, having small children can be trying, but they grow up into FRIENDS.

On a side note, my teeny tiny kitty is so sweet! He was meowing on the couch...just pitifully...I called him over, and he found me here in my chair...he snuggled right into the crook of my elbow...he is happy as can be now. He is a doofus.

Miss Charlotte Claire turns 7 on Saturday. Today is Suri's one year old birthday. So they want a double birthday. Jon will join them, since he didn't have one with any friends...perhaps on Monday we will have this celebration. We will have some presents for Suri too, please please please says Charlotte Claire.

I now have a fuzzy little kitty sleeping right on my chest. I love when they are small and can't get close enough. And I LOVE the way Suri and kitty get along. They love each other! Suri wags her tail and licks the kitten, and the kitten rubs against Suri and has that Are You My Mama look on his silly little face.

This IS the life. I know I sound crazy, but I do like little kitties. I get so distracted by him, can't resist stopping what I'm doing and scooping him up for cuddles....

Time to give baths to kids who have been playing outside, and get them tucked into bed....
















Yeah, so

No comments: