summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

pictures....

Me with my babies...they fell asleep on me the other night. Sweetness!

Okay, story behind the eye-rolling: Mr. Aaron and Miss Mirielle, all dressed up and ready to go to their nursing school convocation. Emily was taking pics with her phone, and I wanted to go back in and get my camera. Em said I could just use these pics. I said I didn't know how to get them from facebook.

I stole this one from Emily too...dogs in people-clothes are always cute, but Aaron is cute too.

Jonathan, his cousin Grace, Sonja K., their friend Irene...when Emily took them, "Waterfalling."

My three nurses...Emily, Aaron, and Mirielle....

Another one stolen from Emily...Miss Suzanne and her big sister Mirielle.

After convocation last night we went out to dinner to celebrate. Quaker Steak and Lube...and it was All-You-Can-Eat Chicken Wing Night. So. Need I mention I never want to go out to eat again? Too many wings for me! But I shall mention they were good...chipotle dusted bbq, hot buffalo....boneless and regular...yum.

I behaved myself during the pinning ceremony (Emily pinned Mirielle and Aaron), but it was not easy. The first speaker was thankful for this "auspicious" occasion, and it sounded like she said, "suspicious" occasion, and for some reason it was too funny. I swear, if Emily had looked at me with a smirk on her face, I would have lost it. But I wanted to behave and sit there like a regular grown-up, and not embarrass my kids. Phew. I did it.

Tonight there is an elementary school concert, which the younger kids are very excited about. Charlotte Claire has determined that she does not want to match Camille, because it embarrasses her when everyone asks her if they are twins. Dang. But I will respect that. Anyway. I am picking them up from school today, too. Not Jonathan though. He got all dressed and ready for school this morning, and then started to tear up...he is still not feeling so great, his cheek is still all chipmunk-y...and he was up too late last night. Our power went out from the wind and rain, after the younger kids were tucked into bed...so out they came as their fans turned off. Ya, we sleep with fans. We had a Power Is Out Party, complete with candles and scary stories. The living room was pretty full, and I figured that only Benjamin, Abigail, and Mali weren't here.

The power went back on around midnight, the kids were long back in bed and sleeping by then.

In addition to our elementary concert, there is activity club and choir practice at church. Some kids who are in A.C. aren't in choir, and some in choir aren't in A.C., so we have to figure out who is driving what and with whom and all that fun stuff. Logistics.

And now, to go and switch laundry...











No comments: