summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

finding a quiet moment to write...

is not as easy as it was...I go to the pool first thing in the morning, after getting the kids on the bus. Then the college kids are here...today Joseph and Mali and Aaron and Mirielle were here...I can't write well when I am distracted.

We had a storm this afternoon, tornado warnings. The sky darkened and the thunder and lightening and rain came...but no tornado, thankfully. One tree fell down, lots of leaves and branches down, but no tornado. The kids were a little bit freaked out because we were watching the storm develop on the news, there was rotation in the upper atmosphere, but thankfully it didn't touch down, because it was heading right towards our house!

I went for a walk this evening, all by my lonesome. As I walked by the swampy part of the woods, enjoying the mist and fog floating over the water, I almost walked right into a snapping turtle on the side of the road. It was huge, and as I gave it a wide berth, wondering who was faster and not wanting to take a chance that it was, I saw it lay an egg! Fascinating! I walked a few feet, and watched...sure enough, it heaved up a bit and another egg rolled out! It clinked against the first one as it rolled into the hole in the dirt under that big turtle. I wanted to stay, but didn't want to make Mama Turtle nervous. Oh, I really enjoyed seeing that!

I basically stayed home today, besides my swim, my walk, and picking the kids up from activity club.

Laundry, sweeping up, straightening, dusting, putting clothes away...I am almost unpacked from our Florida trip. Yeah, I know that was a month ago. I need the suitcase for this weekend. Am I packed for that yet? Course not!

Tomorrow I won't be staying home to clean, no, I will be going bye-bye. Kathryn wants me to pick her up at noon, when her important classes are over. We will probably take Evelyn and Suzanne too. We need to go to the big toy store in the suburbs to return Jonathan's helicopter which worked for like one day. I am sure the girls will find a few things they Really Need.

What I really need is to stick to my healthy eating. I am not giving up, by the way. No way, no how. I ate quite well today...it is the evenings that are difficult. I find that I want popcorn, I want chocolate, I want I want I want. I do not NEED. Just want. So I try to drink tea, iced coffee, ice water. I would like to get some 15 calorie popsicles. I have tried the lo-cal Jello, and it is yummy. I made two pizzas for the family for dinner. One bacon, one just cheese. For Mirielle, Margaret, and I, I made pizzas on these 16 calorie flat rice-cake type thingys. I put olive oil on them, then sauce and cheese, and they are really good. It's too hard to smell the pizza and just have chicken and salad:)

Anyway, it is almost bed time and I stayed out of the chocolate, yay.

No comments: