summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 18, 2013

sick sick sick....

Silly Sammy Slick...sipped six sodas, and got sick sick sick. Dr. Seuss, of course. But I didn't sip six sodas. I just have a cold, and I am a big baby. My nose is all stuffed up, the coughing started. blah. So guess what? I am taking it easy today, which is very difficult for such an energetic young mom like myself. To just sit here writing, in my comfy chair, sipping coffee. My living room right now? Amazing. Two little princesses, sound asleep. One on the couch, one on a pile of comforters on the floor. One bad kitten attacking Char's feet. The fan is on, so I am also almost asleep. But don't worry, I can write in my sleep.

See, the princesses and Jonathan slept in the living room last night. Aaron and Joseph were their babysitters last evening, as the girls went to out to girls' fellowship. Aaron texted me (I was working at the baseball game concession stand) and asked if it was okay for them to sleep in here. For some reason, they love it. I was fine with it. When we got home, the house was all dark and they were all sleeping with Suri and Kitty.

Anyway. They must be still tired....they just zonked out for naps.

It is quiet and lonely in our house today. When you are a mom, you always need to know where your kids are. So here's where mine are today:

1. Emily, 28: Went to play in some waterfalls, probably to a state park south of here. She took Sonja and Jonathan.

2. Abigail, 26: Went to Michigan with Evelyn and some other girls from church.

3. Benjamin, 24: Stationed in Washington state in the Army. Probably just hanging out with Ashley today.

4. Mirielle, 23: At the hospital working her clinical rotation needed for nursing school.

5. Joseph, 22: Home.

6. Aaron, 20: Same as Mirielle.

7. Mali, 19: Working at McDonald's.

8. Samuel, 17: Huge airsoft tournament down near New York City.

9. Margaret, 16: Home.

10. Kathryn, 15: Ottowa visiting Janet and Joe.

11. Evelyn, 13: Michigan with Abigail.

12. Suzanne, 12: Ottowa with Kathryn.

13. Sonja, 11: Waterfalls with Emily.

14. Jonathan, 9: Waterfalls with Emily.

15. Charlotte Claire, 7: Home.

16. Camille Anaya, 5: Home.

Four kids home out of sixteen. It is too quiet! The little girls are awake now, although Camille is still all covered up on the couch. How cozy is that? It is cloudy out, a comfy day to be in here lounging. Now, of course you know there are niggling thoughts, telling me to get up and throw another load of laundry in, to wash up those dishes. I already swept the kitchen and put in a load of bedding, but that's about it. I just gravitated towards my chair.

The girls said Aaron made them grilled cheese, baked beans, and broccoli for dinner. Camille said that Aaron made her eat, "yucky broccoli." I love love love thinking of my big boys babysitting their little sisters.

It is such a gift to simply be alive. Add to that all the blessings, like the kids and having a home and enough to eat....time marches on, but I will not take any of it for granted.

Camille is lying on the couch, thumb in mouth, all covered up, kitty sleeping on her. Char is talking about the chorus concert next week. Now Camille is singing, "It's A Marshmallow World In The Winter", and Char is chiming in. Maybe I will just sit here all day and enjoy their cuteness. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time enjoying anyone's cuteness when I get busy and try getting things done. So there, I have justified my sitting here....




















No comments: