summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 27, 2022

just roasting in Phoenix...

 

Their kitchen...I'm trying not to envy that double oven...
The landscape...so different...

Blogworthy?  I don't know, but a gallon of milk for that price?  
It is a fun store, never been in Fry's before...I am a super market geek.
Our Asian inspired dinner last night:  Wagyu beef,  jasmine rice with soy sauce and egg, cabbage/kale salad with stir fried orange beef and crunchy noodles, and roasted cauliflower in the small bowl. 
Aaron and Paul...
Paul and his older brother Alan...(Didn't get a pic of his wife Robin!)...they are travelers, RV'ing, and have a daughter who is a surgeon in a local hospital (I think 4th year med school), so they happened to be in this area.  I'm so glad visit worked out!
Behind the back yard is dessert...wild donkeys sometimes come right up to the fence, but I haven't seen them yet, nor the coyotes.
Banjo and Pretzel...

We haven't done much, but have had a nice relaxing time so far.  I'm headed out to the backyard pool soon.  

Here are some interesting things:

A member of the FDA VAX panel said:  "We are killing more people than we are saving with the shots."

NY State Supreme Court reinstates all fired unvaccinated employees, orders backpay, says the state violated rights, acted arbitrary & capricious, nothing, "Being vaccinated does not prevent an individual from contracting or transmitting Covid-19".

Lifelong Democrats turning against gov. Hochul, saying that crime is rampant.  

I think that in general, people aren't ready for such government overreach.  Here in NY state, it's AWFUL, the way criminals get arrested and are right back on the street.  In Oswego NY,  a 42 yr old man, Adam L. Levea, 42, was arrested for possession of 205 individual bags of heroin/fentanyl, plus some Suboxone.  He was let out on $500 bail.   Criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens with these new bail laws.

A few weeks later, two drug sellers possessing 98 bags of heroin/fentanyl were arrested...the THIRD time in three months! How many lives have been ruined?  How many overdoses have they caused?  Just slap their wrists and let them out.  

I am not saying I have the answers...are drugs flowing like never before through the non-existent southern borders?  Most likely.  What can be done?  I know!  We can give billions of dollars to school districts for electric buses!  Not to hire more teachers, or purchase supplies for so many poor students.  (Some of the city schools are so extremely understaffed, couldn't we use all that extra money (ha) for higher wages to entice teachers?)

And don't get me started on Hochul giving millions to abortion clinics...as if we couldn't use THAT money  for better things...send city kids to camp, Big Brother,/Big Sister programs, public service announcements encouraging parents to be patient with their kids...side walks in suburban areas, more playgrounds and green spaces...or...we could let people KEEP their money...sorry, I'm just OUT there with that one, ha.  

Rant over for the day...I'm going in the pool....

5 comments:

Debby said...

Boy I agree with you. I’m in California. So I totally understand your rant.

Terri D said...

Rant away... I agree! I am so glad you and Paul are having such a good time relaxing!! THat is a beautiful kitchen and what a view from the pool! Wow. Have fun!

Unknown said...

Hi Della!

Looks wonderful!! Yes a double oven for you would really make sense!! How luxurious 😊

There are creatures called javelinas out there too. They look like a wild pig, but not a pig at all, but can be a bit vicious I hear. We visited Frank Lloyd Wright’s place there……..very interesting. It’s in Scottsdale.

Have a wonderful visit 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

New York and California, Debby, why do we live where we live? I am really hoping Hochul doesn't get re-elected (she was lt. gov. when Cuomo was booted, and I daresay, almost worse). She was asked if she would add Covid vax to childhood schedule mandatory for school, and she couldn't answer the question, total evasion. Her opponent (Zeldin) said he would never mandate it. Anyway. Politicians are all so corrupt, but I think people are really longing for freedom, and safety.
Terri, I try not to rant too much...but sometimes this world is just upside down. Yes, the house here is quite nice, we're enjoying it immensely. :)

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, we saw a wild pig this afternoon! It came right up to the fence behind their backyard!
We looked into going to Frank Lloyd Wright's place, but it is all booked for tomorrow. We might go to Old Town...and to a really nice coffee place...in any event, tomorrow we'll go out and about...