summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 20, 2022

my kids keep me hopping...

You probably all know that I have sixteen kids, and that that they are growing up and moving out at an alarming rate.  But here's why I'm still hopping:

Orange Guy:  he spends his mornings going in and out the door.  MEOW, he's loud.  Oh for heaven's sake, you JUST came in!  
Sunny:  She's been out of sorts since Paul left.  He is her person.  I'm a close second, but she still has bouts of whining.  This is her new toy, which Sonja let her have a while ago...it randomly sings and says I love you when Sunny's dragging it around.  She isn't destroying it though, she's just playing with it.  She likes when you throw it for her to go fetch.  Sunny had tummy issues the other night.  She thew up in Charlotte's room, so Char brought her to the living room and went back to bed.  She then whined, so Sonja let her in her room, she threw up in there.  Back to the living room, where Sonja discovered she had repeatedly done that out here.  what a mess, poor dog.  I woke up, and spied the cleaning spray on the counter, and oh no, there was even more.  I had to wash rugs, and clean and then mop, then mop again.  Sunny was definitely not herself all that day, but seems fine now.  But this fine morning:  the cat was meowing to go out, so Sunny went too.  Sunny then started barking at something outside, I had to get her back in the house.  She wanted to go out again, so I let her out.  Then the cat wanted in, and Sunny wanted out again.  Each time Sunny comes in, she gets her paws wiped off.  fun.
Kettler, Mama Cat, Old Kitty...she's much more sedate, goes outside here and there, but mostly likes to purr and lie in cushy places.  
Suri:  she's a walking garbage can.  She would never take food when you're looking, but if you leave cookies on the counter overnight, or a package of hot dog rolls within her reach, she'll feast like a piggy.  She also cannot resist an unattended garbage can, if you leave the house or during the night.  So it has to go into the laundry room.  Even the latching model trash can doesn't work, she'll tip it over and get the top right off, she's like a black bear in a state park.  But she's a darling, she LOVES to be pet, and she's so good with kids.  Both of the pups are.  They wag and give sneaky little licks, then just lie down and sigh, and don't care about kids running all around them. 

This fine morning, there was a nice mess over near the door:  Suri had peed, all over the rugs I had JUST washed the other night.  ugh.  When I picked them up to carry them to the laundry room, the pee dripped and dropped all across the floor.  It took a while to clean it all up.  (I know it wasn't Sunny because she slept in my room). 

I am not jumping up and down with joy when these things happen, not at all.   This morning I thought of this..."All things work together for the good for those who love God, and who are called according to His purpose..."(Rom.8:28).   It doesn't matter the circumstance, I can still be thankful in my trials.  

Well, it's off to physical therapy with Camille in a few minutes...yesterday's brunch was nice.  I invited older friends, and only two were able to make it, so I invited a few younger ones...so four guests, and five young children, it was actually a wonderful day.  I still love having kids here playing, it just seems right.

...off I go...


 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Della!

Yes it just as well we love our animals, isn’t it? My girl is really good though, she never does her business in the house thank goodness. But if she eats a load of grass in the spring when it’s nice and new and delicious……..oh dear 🤮🤢Always in the middle of the night too 🤢🤢 🤮

Im getting ready to leave on a polar bear Safari tomorrow……….driving to Calgary with my daughter……….. with my 2 girls! Did I tell you this already? Anyway on Saturday at 6.15am we fly from Calgary to Churchill Manitoba and then out on these huge ice buggy things to see the bears waiting out on the tundra for the ice flows to come. We are back in Calgary at about 10.30 pm the same day. We get breakfast, lunch and supper. How great is that?? My Bindi will be sulking while I’m gone. She’s already sniffed the bag I’m taking. She’s a bit of a mummy sucky girl.

Your lunch sounds just lovely!! Always good to have a good catch-up with friends I think. I had lunch yesterday with 3 ladies I have been friends with for 40 years. It was so lovely to see them. Lots to natter about.

We’ll you have a lovely day and I hope Camille’s PT goes well.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Billie Jo said...

My friend, how right you are about having kids playing. I miss that so! Our furry friends are precious too. And I will think of your wonderful attitude the next time I clean up a mess! You inspire!!!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, Bindi knowing you're heading out is too funny. They're so smart. I hope you see lots of polar bears, the little ones are SO cute! I'm glad your girls are so much fun, and catch-up lunches with friends, precious.
Billie Jo, my attitude towards messes is something I do have to work on, it sure doesn't come naturally! But our animals are such gifts, and they don't mean to cause us any trouble.

Anonymous said...

This makes me love my dogs even more. We haven't had a mess for years, the last one I can think of is when my 3 1/2 year old Vizsla was potty training. We have tile and wood flooring throughout; I can't imagine trying to clean up all that in carpet on a regular basis. You have some patience, that's for sure. Kristi

16 blessings'mom said...

Kristi, that's excellent! We have wood and tile, and some throw rugs, that I put right into the washer. Our Suri is 10, she RARELY pees in the house, went through a time where she was doing it for a few days, now just once in a blue moon. Thankfully it's not on a regular basis! (Notwithstanding when Sunny eats something that doesn't sit well with her and throws up!). :)