summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

we go bye-bye...

...in the car-ar...this we used to sing as we got ready to go out the door.  Anyone else sing all the time, changing the words to fit the situation?  

This fine morning is quiet, Miss Charlotte Claire got on the bus, Sonja K. left for lab, all professional in her nursing white coat, Camille is in her room, the dogs are snoring, Paul is in our room/his office, working.  I've done a few things around here this morning, but not much.  I'm on the second cup, the last cup until afternoon, when I'll have one more.

Camille has an appointment for a check-up, and to find out if anything is amiss, due to that scary "rash" a few weeks ago.  Evelyn has a day off from work today, so she's driving down to come with us, so we can go thrifting and maybe other adventures, afterwards.  

Yesterday was just an ordinary Target day, but oh dear, it's so nice to go with Kathryn and the kids!  I get to push Rhys in the cart.  She has a little cold, and is a little cranky, and she sneezed and sorry!  I'll spare the details, but I couldn't find a tissue in my purse, just a mask(it worked!)...so I picked out a box of tissues and opened them, but of course we bought them.   

She likes me, and likes to sing, and likes to grab things, and is used to sitting nicely in the cart, and she does look for her mama when we wander off, but not in a crying way, just a curios way, Mama!   Too cute.  Well, we walked up and down the toy aisles, because grandma loves toys, and the Cocomelon piano was on sale for $8.99 (regularly $14.99), so I handed one to Rhys.  That kept her totally occupied and happy, and I sang along with the ABC's, I don't really care who thinks I'm crazy, Rhys likes it.

Random:  Paul and our oldest, Emily, a long long time ago...he was Mr. Handsome.
Rhys with her little piano...so cute!
I had this snowsuit in the laundry room, I got it for 99 cents a while back at the thrift store, looks absolutely brand new.  (I washed it of course).

She will be warm for her first New York winter, there are little booties that go with it too.

One of my stops today when I go out and about is to a little coffee roaster place near the prison.  Did you know that the small city where we do lots of our shopping and dr visits is home of a maximum security prison, the only city in the country with such a facility within city limits?  Well, a few doors down from that is a little place that roasts coffee beans to order, and it's the absolute best coffee I've ever had.  It smells positively heavenly.  And shh, of COURSE I never pointed to the prison and told my kids if you're bad, you'll grow up and go there.

Ah well, time to get moving.  As the days get cooler and it's dark and cozy in the morning, it's easier to spend too much time in my comfy chair...tomorrow morning Cam has physical therapy, early, and Friday, I hope to get back to water aerobics...I am also going to be doing some baking on Friday, for the weekend...the girls run a little coffee shop at church, and we're gathering on Saturday, for a mission feast (raising money for churches in poorer countries), and Sunday too.  So I'll bake pumpkin muffins and chocolate chip cookies to sell with the coffee...

Too bad I can't think of anything else to write about, this chair is pretty nice...off I go...


3 comments:

Deb said...

The small city near where I live, where I go to my doctor and where we sell at the farmers markets, also has a maximum security prison. Chris Watts, who murdered his pregnant wife and two young daughters, had a bunch of true crime shows done about him, is serving his sentence there. The hospital where I go isn't too far away. It can cause a bit of anxiety if I stop and think about it.

I have an itch to go wander around Target. I rarely go there anymore, but I feel it calling me back. I like to do Christmas shopping there, get away from seeing the same old stuff at Walmart every week. lol

Unknown said...

Hi Della! I just wrote a big long blather and it wouldn’t post, so here goes again🙄Won’t be as long though.

I hope everything is ok with Camille’s rash! And poor little thing with those knees too. I’m sitting in my comfy chair too. I have just finished my coffee so time to move. Very dull and dreary here. I wish it would just rain! We need some for sure. We have had a very dry summer here.

Well I’m going to ease out of this chair and go do my tai chi exercises. Really good for my back and hips.

Have a great day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

That snow suit is so cute and what a great buy! She is adorable! Thanks for the catch-up post! Happy hump day! xo