summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

out here in the desert...

 

Riley picked us up from the airport, and the car was parked close to a pole in the garage, I didn't think I could shimmy in without damaging the door (!!!), so he backed the car out with a remote...no one in the car, it was pretty cool.
Three doggies live here, Miss Lily on the couch, Pretzel (she was adopted from the shelter on a whim a few years back, she was very sickly, but now is fine, she's the sweetest...)...
My view from the comfy couch this fine morning ...
Pretzel and Banjo....Banjo LOVES me.  


Behind me, the backyard with the salt water pool....I went in it yesterday, oh dear, it was wonderful.
To be clear, Banjo is not allowed to sit at the table, but Aaron let her, and it was funny.
Riley made homemade savory pumpkin ravioli with browned butter, pine nuts, and I forgot what the meat is...he rolled out the pasta (with the kitchen aid), all from scratch...mmm!
The view from the backyard...I've never been in the desert before...
Cactus...they really are all over, out here...there are wild donkeys and wild boars, and poison frogs, and snakes, and scorpions...I  haven't seen any, but something destroyed the pumpkins and gourds on the porch last night...
The water was 84 degrees....ahhh.
Just a pic from the car on the way home from the airport....

Paul's brother lives not too far from here, and is coming with his wife for a visit this afternoon...I am having such a nice relaxing time...Paul in Vacation Mode is a beautiful thing...:) 

2 comments:

Terri D said...

It sounds absolutely amazing!! Enjoy every second!! (and that car... wow!) xo

Shirley in Washington said...

My daughter and son-in-law lived in Phoenix for 4 years while he finished college. We enjoyed visiting in the SW except for a visit in August to help them pack up and move. Enjoy your time in the desert! Blessings!