summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 13, 2011

best things about the afternoon....

1. Coffee

2. Plenty of kids home from school to bring me a cup...

3. The lull of activity....the peacefulness...

4. This particular afternoon supper is already on, a pot of chili, and a pot of rice ready to cook...and two loaves of pumpkin bread in the oven courtesy of Mirielle.

5. Camille doesn't nap, but she sure does like to snuggle with me.

6. I have done most of the work I am going to accomplish for the day, so it looks nicer in here than when I sit down in the morning. usually. a little.

I am bribing the children again. Their bedroom gets so messy so quickly, I want to try to maintain the cleanness. So I told them if they pick up and vacuum it this afternoon, I will give them a prize. Camille started jumping up and down when she heard this, she wants a prize too. So I told her to help pick up...she picked up a few toys, and followed me around asking me at least fifty times for her prize now. She is cuddling now with her stuffeddog Max and her thumb, in her princess dress, with her ridiculous haircut, waiting patiently for the kids to finish so they can have their prizes together. Suzanne said it better not be a hug. It isn't, it is Christmas Baby-Bottle-Pops and Push-up pops, twenty five cents each after Christmas.

The lake-effect flakes are still coming down, big and slow and graceful...

I am reading a good book. I actually took this book and read it under my electric blanket in my bed for an hour this afternoon....it was so hard to get up because the book was good and the bed was warm, but the bus was coming....

3 comments:

Martha said...

Do electric blankets come in the form of slippers? ha ha! I'd probably get to the end of my cord and fall flat on my face! Well, I have a living, breathing back warmer for the moment as Sofie is laying in the chair behind me. That's one nice thing about owning a small dog.

mommeeof10 said...

I detest the cold and could never live in NYS again, at least not in the winter.

Mom said...

I love that "it better not be a hug!" Classic. Can't wait until my kids are really old enough to bribe them.