summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 16, 2011

sunday, a day of rest...

Thank you Jennifer. May God bless you and watch over your son. When Ben started talking about being a combat medic, I thought it was just talk. But he was determined. Then at some point I realized that someone has to do this, why not Ben? He is smart and quick-thinking and since he has had a few rather horrible accidents himself, he certainly has compassion. And of course it is his choice anyway, so I choose to support it. And we who live in this country DO have much to be thankful for, much that we take so for granted. Yesterday at the basketball game in the Carrier Dome, where Paul and the older kids were doing some volunteer work for our church in a food stand, there were about 250 soldiers from Fort Drum. Paul said they got a standing ovation. They are leaving for Afghanistan next week.



Ashley....poor girl. Ben sneaked in a phone call to her the other day, one of the guys somehow had a phone, and oh my goodness did she have some tears when she got off the phone. She was laughing at herself at the same time, but it is hard for her to be away from her new husband. I told the kids that it is just plain not nice for them to watch any of "The Pacific" when she is around. They can watch it on the dvd player in their room.



Our church meeting was canceled this morning because of the snow. It is still windy and very cold. Obviously the wind blows the snow across the roads, and that is not fun to drive in. But we got so much more snow that the vehicles would all have to be dug out of the driveway. The forecast is calling for more snow, all day long, in lake effect bands...it looks like we are right in one. More snow is coming toward us, possibly up to ten inches or a foot today....and the temperature is dropping to one degree tonight, with a high of only 18 tomorrow.



I am glad I did a bit of shopping on Friday, and that we have enough milk and bread and eggs and coffee. I am also thinking of making some oatmeal cookies today, to warm it up, and to have that yummy smell...who am I kidding, oatmeal cookies just plain sound good today.



I do believe it is a good day for the treadmill. I should put Rosie on it too. She has energy and energy to spare.



Camille wants her oatmeal, she missed the first breakfast that I served to four of the kids. The older kids get to sleep in today.....I would like to go back to bed, with my book.



We made pizzas last night for dinner. One cheese and garlic and butter with no sauce, one pepperoni, one green peppers and onions and black olives and bacon, and one barbecue chicken with all the other stuff on it too. I mentioned that perhaps we should consider upping the number to five, since the four get eaten so quickly.....

And that is all I have to say this morning....

No comments: