summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 1, 2011

ten kids home....

so that means six kids are elsewhere....let's see....Emily came for "dinner", and left for work at the hospital, Abigail is at the Dome, Benjamin is with Ashley on his last evening of his honeymoon, Mirielle is at the Dome, as is Joseph, Aaron is at work at the grocery store in town, Mali is at the Dome. All accounted for. I don't always know where the two older girls are, since they live down the road, but it is a habit of mine to count up the kids and know where they all are. When we had our laundry room fire last year and had to get out of the house, I kept counting kids and getting fifteen, and totally flipping out....I guess they kept telling me that Emily was in Norway, but I was in Panic Mode, so it took a few minutes for that to sink in.

Anyway....we went to town and got a few kid movies from the Redbox, then went to the small grocery store where Aaron works....he likes when we visit him at work. He calls his two little sisters, "the babies", and "small ones", and he says it so affectionately.

We just got some milk and eggs and bananas and carrots and cheese and orange juice and also chips and dip and soda, since it is New Years....we had a snacky dinner with Emily.

Emily informed me at said snacky dinner that Benjamin's flight is leaving at 6:30 A.M.! From Buffalo, which is over two hours away!! He will have to be there at least an hour before the flight, so that puts us at having to leave at....rats, like 3:00!! May as well just stay up, since Paul won't get home 'til around midnight tonight. Oh Benjamin, it was so kind of you to save some money on your ticket, but.....blah.

Okay, this has nothing to do with anything, but here is something I have learned about husbands. Husbands, being men, do not always like to talk as much as wives do, since wives are women. There are probably exceptions to this rule, but unfortunately for me, Paul is not one of them. Don't get me wrong, sometimes he loves to talk. But just not all the time, like I do, and not about interesting things like good sales and coupons and my blogger friends and birth rememberances......and sometimes I forget that he is him, and I take it rather personally, and I think he should be different, or that he just doesn't like me. My experience is that a husband is a husband, a friend and more of course, I love him dearly, but one needs friends, women friends to talk about blah blah blah things with.

I don't know where I was going with that thought, but Ben and Ashley just walked in....

4 comments:

Tereza said...

oh I completely agree!!!!!!!!!!! husbands are men:) (in most cases anyway...younever know these days:)HA HA!) That's why blogging is so good:)

Ashley said...

My hubby is so not typical.He loves to shop and he loves to talk...to anyone. It is annoying sometimes, and I get to the point sometimes where I just wish he would hush already. LOL!!! But he IS typical in that when I talk to him, if something is bothering me, he wants to just fix it, not empathize. I am like, "just listen already, and stop worrying about how to solve it!" Once, when I had a problem with a friend, and was confiding in him, he told me to talk to her. Well, I didn't want to at the time, so he went to her and told her we needed to talk. Grrrr..I didn't talk to him for several days.

Sorry Ben is leaving...you are right though. Time will fly. And you can talk over the computer and phone, right?

And this is Holly......

Ellen said...

You can have my hubby...he talks entirely way too much!!!! He'll interupt you to talk, talk over you and just plan out never let you get a word in edgewise! Its what I loved about him when I first met him, as my ex hubby could not converse much. Now its what I hate about him! lol

mommeeof10 said...

If I complain about something, hubby tries to fix it. Sometimes I just like to vent. :)