summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 28, 2011

nothing new under the sun...

Yet here I am. Another day. Same trials, different variations. But the blessings, oh they are abundant too. Suzanne stayed home because I sent her yesterday, and yes she did go to the nurse because she had...well, let's just say she had to run to the bathroom in a hurry....the nurse politely mentioned it would be good to keep her home a little longer. Sonja K. hasn't been sick to her stomach at all yet, but has the cold that Mirielle has, and that I think I am getting....and since I am going shopping today, I didn't want Miss Sonja to get sick in school and have to be picked up...So....Suze and Sonja are home today, taking a bath. The two little girls are playing house. Jonathan went all by himself on the bus, because of the joy set before him: Emily is picking him up after school to spend some time with him. She wanted to pick him up earlier, but he said, "Well, Em, (in his grown-up voice), I HAVE missed alot of school, so I think you should get me later..."

So Miss Emily Anne was here last evening. We didn't talk too much, because all of the kids were like, "Emily, guess what...?", and "Emily, look what I made..."

Our chicken soup was absolutely delicious. Mirielle made some white sauce with butter, flour, milk...then added three cans of Campbells Cream Of Chicken with Herbs, then three pounds of chicken, cut up very small, and cooked it for a few hours....I added four pounds of peeled cubed potatoes, a cut up red pepper, and a can of corn. It was just so yummy. And there is some left for lunch. I never ended up making any biscuits, but we had lots of crackers. My kids are cracker-holics.

I am picking both Kathryn and Evelyn up at noontime today to go shopping with us. I know I wrote "appointment" on their notes to be picked up early, so I wouldn't have any trouble with the school. I figure it is an appointment to spend time with their mom...and go to the dreaded Target....they both have Christmas money and since Kathryn is swimming next week in gym class, she wants to buy a bathing suit. (swimming in gym class is like the worst thing for young girls...they are SO self conscious...) (and if they don't have a suit, they get to wear one from the gym teacher, which is total social suicide....according to them)

Margaret Cheryl is a lucky girl. She is going to Ohio this weekend! She is going with some girls from church, so she is in good company.

As much as I hate to cut this short, I have so much to say, I need to get moving...going shopping....but I shall be a good girl in Target....

1 comment:

Mike and Katie said...

It was so great in middle school because we were in choir so we had an all girls gym class. We had gym class on the days the guys had choir. Plus we had one less day of gym than everyone else because the guys and girls all had choir on Fridays.