summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 1, 2011

on the walls he left nothing but hooks and some wire...




The grinch did that. He did the same thing to the other Who's houses, leaving crumbs much too small for the other Who's mouses...


The Christmas tree is looking rather gloomy...

I dread un-decorating. It is just filled with the exact opposite of the excitement that propelled me to get it all out and put it up.
We had omelets for breakfast this morning....

Today is a good day. Paul and the older kids went to the Dome, again. I am here with only Evelyn and Suzanne and Sonja and Jonathan and Charlotte Claire and Camille, and my niece Olivia. Sam is at his friend's house, Margaret is at her friend's house, and Kathryn spent the night at Emily and Abigails' apartment. Emily will be picking Sam and Margaret up, and bringing the three of them home on her way to work this afternoon.




So now it is quiet in here. The dryer is running, Charlotte Claire is sitting on the couch with eight Barbies singing and humming and in her own little world. Evelyn is playing SIMS on the computer, and the other kids are playing school in Suzanne's room. The house is a mess, which does indeed niggle at me, soon I will get up and restore some order.
Our feast last night....
bouncy house...being the supervisor to the kids in there can give the nicest mommies headaches.
watching the kids/youth play blindfolded musical chairs in which the chairs are moved all around...hilarious.
playing the freeze-dance game with all the kids and youth (and noticing that you are the only "old" person playing).....why the heck did I do this? It was fun, but David was walking around with his camera...if any of those pictures land on facebook or the church website, it was NOT me. It was Cheryl.
serving rootbear ice cream floats......of course I had one...but I chose diet root beer.
dinner.....how can one not be thouroughly thrilled with taco salad? Oh, the black olives and tomatoes and green peppers and onions and hot sauce....
sitting around and talking with the other mommies.....ooh, that is the best. I got plenty of opportunities to work on my listening skills, and found a bit of contention in myself. How could that not be good? And of course it is so nice to have fun and fellowship with my friends....
the chicken dance....yes, I joined in....what can I say?
the countdown to midnight.....honestly, I was glad it was getting time to go home, I must be getting old...or perhaps it tugged at my conscience a bit that Charlotte Claire had fallen asleep in her sister's arms....
So today it is very logical and understandable that I am here with several grumpy children. Miss Sonja is sitting here in a chair for her role in the Jon/Sonja fight. I don't even want to know the details. But if you are going to hit your brother, you shall sit in the chair. The poor girl is just sitting here in a daze. We should have naptime for everyone....
What I AM planning to do is get the place cleaned up quick, then pack them into the van and take a quick trip to Blockbuster to get the movie, "Beauty and The Beast" for the girls. Charlotte Claire wants to know the stories behind her princesses, and seems fascinated with this tale....she has never watched the movie, and when she found out one existed, she decided she really wants to see it. I wish I had Netflix today.
I am imagining the house all quiet and cozy while we snuggle up and have movie time....
See, I do not learn. It won't really be like that, but I am ever-hopeful.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

happy happy new year to you!!!!