summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

and one day she just decided The Heck With It and went back to bed...

Now, before you start thinking how lazy I am, consider that 28 years ago I had my first child, at 19 years old. That first child was 22 and a half when her youngest sister was born. The sweet little Camille Anaya, who didn't like to sleep. Oh, I enjoyed her. Don't get me wrong. But. Oh I have been sleep deprived for so many years. We didn't have one of those modern agreements where we took turns getting up with babies. I figured he had to work hard all those years, actually function in the real world. I, on the other hand, just had to get to appointments with matching shoes on and get the shopping done. So I let him sleep, and I got up with babies. When kids were sick, however, or if an older child needed someone during the night, Paul never nudged me to get up, he was very good that way. Anyway. Fast forward to today. My youngest sweetheart is in kindergarten. I am home. The kids got on the bus. I read some email, checked for comments on my blog, cruised through facebook quick. It was time to go to the pool. I did not want to go to the pool. I stayed up too too late last night catching up with my happy almost-graduated nursing students. I read my book. I enjoyed the quietness and tried to ignore that voice of reason that was trying to get me to get my ample rear-end out of this comfy chair and go to bed. It was right, that voice of reason. So this morning...my head ached. I had washed some dishes, made French toast for the school kids, packed lunches, taken Suri outside, fed the kitty kitten, swept the floors...then it was quiet, and time to go out in the rain to the pool. Um, no thanks. Yes, GO! that voice said. Nah...I want to finish my book. So...I climbed into my comfy bed, read for an hour, then my eyes were heavy and I dozed off...woke a half hour later...10:30, yikes. I have things to do today! I will hate myself if I waste any more time here, I thought. So I got up. My head still aches, but ahh, it was nice to be irresponsible and lazy!

And this is just getting back from vacation, too. The drive home really wore me out....and the unpacking. Oh, getting home from vacation means you just need another vacation.

So now I am going to leave...shop for some candy for the weekend, return some bathing suits that were too baggy on the little girls, get some groceries, again. Then pick up Sam from his Criminal Justice class and bring him to meet with that Army recruiter. He is going to sign those papers. ouch my soul. Sam is like a great big little kid. He has a huge heart, and is just too good for this world. He believes in this country, and that justice will prevail.

The little girls' room is a mess again. Books sideways on shelves, small baby couch monster of clothes. My room needs some serious attention, as I tried on clothes before our trip, then draped them nicely over the Simo pram that is still in there. I think Paul has given up asking me when we are getting rid of it. I just look at him like, What? Why would I want to get rid of it? I love it!

So I will do what I do best. I will get dressed into bye-bye clothes, and get in my minivan and head out the door. It is Wednesday, half-price day at the thrift store in the small city:)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey, I was bye-bye today, too!! Did you see me? I didn't see you, but I would have caught up with you if I'd known you were there!! I actually came close to going to the thrift store.. We could have argued over something!! Anyway, I hope you get some sleep!

16 blessings'mom said...

No, I didn't see you. I was bye-bye again today, met Bob at BJ's to get candy and drinks for this weekend. Phew. Construction, traffic. It was nice to see him though, we are very lucky to have such a nice brother.