summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

hot and humid....

Summer has arrived! This morning I had to take Mr. Jonny to the dentist. He told me last week that his tooth hurt. Okay. I heard him. I filed it away under, "I'll think about it more later, it probably isn't too bad." Then next night he told me it really hurt. That was Thursday, and our dentist isn't open on Friday. Friday was his field trip. He kept holding his face, and saying it hurt, so I gave him ibuprofen. By Sunday his cheek was nice and swollen, and he was really hurting. I called the dentist first thing yesterday, and got him an appointment for first thing this morning. Well, not exactly FIRST thing. First, I had to get the princesses ready and on the bus. Anyway. His tooth had two small cavities which were filled, and showed no other decay, but there was a huge abscess, and it was a baby tooth (molar), with the new one already under it. So we agreed it had to come out. Poor Jon. The novocaine needle had to go right into the infected gum. He started shaking and I could see his nostrils flaring, I knew he was in pain...

Out came the tooth, and almost, down went Mom, but I managed to take a deep breath and not faint. Jon had asked me to please stay in there for the whole time, so somehow I did.

We are home now. He is lying on the couch with an ice-pack on his cheek. Poor kid. If I could hug all his pain away, I would. I would rather have it myself than to see him suffer.

I know, it's only a tooth, but it still had large roots, and it was yanked out. His face is really swollen, and he seems almost betrayed by the pain...like he is a child, and big people are supposed to take care of him, and yet...he is hurting....

He is going to take a little nap now. I am going to make myself work out, because I NEED to.

Even though it is hot and muggy.

This afternoon is the convocation ceremony, so I won't be making dinner here tonight, although most of the family will still be here. I will of course offer suggestions before I leave with Mirielle and Aaron:)

I don't like getting dressed up in Bye-bye clothes when it is so hot out. Blah. But. I honestly don't mind walking out the door sometimes. I am proud of Mirielle and Aaron, and am looking forward to seeing them get pinned. Their big sister Emily is going to pin them:)

And now I shall get Jonathan's fan for him, so he can snooze on the couch...perhaps I will switch laundry, then exercise....although I would rather crawl back in my comfy bed with my book....

3 comments:

FLmom7 said...

Congrats to Mirielle and Aaron! That is something to be proud of:) Poor Jonathan, I hope he is feeling better soon.

~Shel in Florida

Anonymous said...

Poor poor Jon! Toothache is the worst kind, yuk!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I am glad you stayed with him. I was abused by a dentist that was pulling teeth. He was so mean. Told my mom I was the worst paitent he had ever had. They fired him after I was in there and my mom thought I was the problem :-(