summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 17, 2013

because I am my mother's daughter.

That was Mirielle's answer to my question. My question was...why do I always notice a child who breaks my heart?

Oh, I enjoyed the field trip. The sand and water table, and the stationary bikes that generate enough electricity to turn on a panel of bulbs. The motion simulator, which was a sub going under Lake Ontario. But the kids? I don't want to bring ALL of them home, no, today just one little girl. Why? She was shy. She looked like my Sonja. Her hair needed a wash. She watched the other girls, but they payed no attention to her. When she sat with two girls on the bus, one of them asked her to leave so they could be alone, which did not set well with me. I told the girl that was NOT nice. Then I talked with the little girl. She has the same Target sneakers as me. I told her that, and that I loved them.

I just hope her mommy and daddy love her and tell her how sweet and pretty she is.

And now...off to the baseball game I go..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That made me very sad. I was once that little girl. Kids can be cruel. I'm glad u stood up for her.