summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 30, 2013

our summer "to do" list...

Canoe trip (we have acquired two kayaks!)
Strawberry picking
Biking on local trail
Rollerblading at small lake nearby
Iced coffee day
Lilac festival
Bluffs at state park on the big lake
Random camping trip
Beach day
Museum of play
Waffle party
Brunch
Strawberry smoothies
Downsize big bush in the front yard
Help with gardening
Dig fire pick
NYC daytrip
Waterfalls park
Cafe trip
Chalkboard mural at Emily's house
Movie night at Emily's
Friend's pool (inground with divingboard)
Unknown picnic place
Movie marathon
Summer scrapbooking
Book club with family and or friends
Gelatto at our favorite bakery
Home improvement day

Yeah, the last one was mine.

We always make one of these lists, and the summer slips by without it all happening, but half the fun is the planning, and the emptiness of those days stretched before us, full of promise.

One plan that is starting to percolate is a camping trip...to Lake George State Park. The kids got free tickets to the Six Flags theme park, from a school reading program. So the five youngest have free tickets. My older kids aren't amusement park kind of kids, they would rather just camp and hike. Paul has to be out of town (Louisiana) for a few different weeks this summer, so I can't count on him for this trip....anyway, I am trying to put it together for all the kids to go camping then just me, perhaps Kathryn, and the younger ones going from the camp to the amusement park.

Today...I am picking three kids up...very soon, so I have to get moving....shopping for food for the weekend, having fun with the girls..it is hot today, already 80 degrees, and getting hotter....

















2 comments:

AUTISMOMMA said...

I'm so glad and so thankful to see you posting today, Della!! I was scared senseless when I read of the minivan involved in the fatal accident with a tractor-trailer there in upstate NY. Glad to hear you are okay and I love your list. I'm going to "pin" it and make it work for our summer needs here in Indiana.

Martha said...

I like your list. I am planning on picking strawberries in my own backyard this year. Maybe I should add "Make strawberry jam" to my list.