summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 13, 2013

quick monday hello....

or rather, The Calm Before The Storm. Because in just ten minutes I had better be backing out of the driveway in that big van, going to school to pick up seven children for a birthday party here. Here inside, because, it is COLD out. Rainy, cold. Grass is wet, ground muddy. So in the house for this party. Margaret made cupcakes, and I have dinner all planned: corn dogs and french fries, mixed veggies. I made prize bags, wrapped a few gifts.

Today...oh it has gone too fast. I went to the pool, yay, then got home, all ready to switch laundry and do some housework. Then my brother called and asked me to go get a cup of coffee with him. Yes, I would love to! See, that's the difference between me and regular grown-ups. So off I went. It was really nice. We sat in McDonalds, me sipping coffee and eating a fruit parfait (made with yogurt, less than 200 calories)....and watching his grand-daughter run around the playland. (she has red hair, I wish wish wish my mother could have met her. My mother had this distinct red hair but none of her seven children did. Now she has a few grandchildren with it though....)

Anyway. We also went to Aldi so I could get an air mattress. Paul and I are going on a little camping trip in June, just the two of us. We are camping and going to a food and wine tasting event. I don't mind sleeping in a tent, but the air mattress is rather necessary. I also bought a rechargeable lantern, it also charges in the car. Cool. No batteries every. When I was a kid, the Coleman lantern ran on lantern oil and was lit with a match.

So....my day went by too fast. I managed to sweep floors and do two loads of laundry, but there is always more to be done. But. I do not regret my little outing with my brother, not one bit. I am very thankful to have him for a friend. He is the dad of ten kids, we never run out of things to talk about. One of his boys is shipping out with the Marines next month. Which is both happy and sad, if you know what I mean. An aim, a purpose, training for a good career, but wah, be safe!!

And now it is time to scramble out the door, since I have used ever single minute up sitting here in this comfy chair...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good choice! Since housework is never ending it will always be there and always more of it. But none of us will be here forever, so that choice of coffee & talking over chores actually makes you a sensible adult I think ;)

Tereza said...

Craziness abounds. Just like my life:) :):)